Motor mount suggestions...

So I've got a 2015 with 118k miles on it. Haven't done any of the suspension or motor mounts and now I have surging when in reverse or idle and the AC is on. CEL throws a code for lean bank 1 and no others. I've been told the PMM is to blame and regardless needs to be replaced. I figured if I'm going to go for that than I might as well get the others. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on tried and true motor mounts. I don't care about vibration or ride quality. If it's poly/solid rubber/hydraulic just need some suggestions. I've noticed most have G1/G2 Mazda5s so any help is greatly appreciated.

Just get OEM. Are you sure they are needing replacing? We have a 2010 and a 2015 (and a 2008 Mazda 3) and none have needed mounts yet. So in my opinion, the OEMs are good quality.

Just get OEM. Are you sure they are needing replacing? We have a 2010 and a 2015 (and a 2008 Mazda 3) and none have needed mounts yet. So in my opinion, the OEMs are good quality.
I know the PMM definitely needs replacing. I suspect the rear also. There's a lot of engine movement that can be felt.

I went with the latest revisions of the OEM mounts. Got them from Cox Mazda Parts. But also check Mazda Swag, Quirk Parts, and Med Center Mazda. All of them have great prices.

Is replacing motor mounts DIY possible? My 2014 mazda5 with 60K is starting to shake a little when in reverse or drive & stop, but totally quiet when in neutral.
Is it transmission mount?

A bad mount is often going to clunk when going from Park\Neutral to drive or reverse.

I have had that small vibration at idle in all the cars I've had with automatics once they reach a certain mileage. Had a 2003 Honda Odyssey that got all its mounts replaced including the transmission mount and made no difference in regards to the vibration (front mount leaked but decided to replace all mounts). I'm pretty sure the Torque Converter just starts getting a little unbalanced after those many miles.

I've never bothered trying to chase the issue.

If you are going to chase it, the mounts can be changed with some effort. You need to jack up\support the engine while you do it. Plenty of youtube vids. You'll need a torque wrench. I recommend downloading the service manual for your car (I get them for like $10 on ebay). You'll get diagrams, schematics, and torque specs.

Is replacing motor mounts DIY possible? My 2014 mazda5 with 60K is starting to shake a little when in reverse or drive & stop, but totally quiet when in neutral.
Is it transmission mount?
If you're mechanically inclined at all, it's s a piece of cake. The main transmission mount bolt is IN THERE. You'll need a breaker bar and possibly a jack handle to get it off. I happen to own a 25" long breaker bar, and that got it. A regular sized ratchet by itself though? Forget it.

If you're mechanically inclined at all, it's s a piece of cake. The main transmission mount bolt is IN THERE. You'll need a breaker bar and possibly a jack handle to get it off. I happen to own a 25" long breaker bar, and that got it. A regular sized ratchet by itself though? Forget it.
The RMM bolt was the one that gave me fits. It was partially seized with the rubber bushing, so every turn the rubber would turn with it and then push it backwards. Had to do a sliding full body movement on a breaker bar to clear the front tire, then put a 2’ pipe on it. Took nearly 45 minutes for that one bolt. Also a deciding factor in buying a larger impact because my little one just couldn’t do it.

Back