Motor Mount Inserts

:
2003 Black Mica MSP #654
Motor Mount INSERTS!!

I am soooo tired of my bucking, flopping motor. Who has had good luck with mount inserts??? I was gonna do the front only first (easiest) and see how it felt before considering the others.......advice??!!!

Last edited:
Yea, what he said.. The SLS front mount (from what I have read) makes a HUGE difference..

Ok

YES, I know everyone under the sun offers a motor mount kit. I do not drag race or autocross and am not into a buzzing, vibrating car with change rattling in the cup holder.

What I am asking is "Has anyone had good luck with INSERTS...like the ones available from Corksport...specifically, or any others for that matter.

I am into A. the cheapest route and B. not spending four hours under my car now that the sun is shining....(trust me its been a looooong winter here)

Any direct experiences are strongly encouraged(shrug)

Last edited:
i had awr all around in my msp... vibrates like hell though :) totally worth it imo though.

Wow!!!

OK so I just found out that my rear mount is torn half way through. I DO NOT want a harsh vibrating car. Could I JUST do inserts for now on the rear mount?

I hat to replace the whole thing if I can get by with inserts for awhile.

808808 said:
OK so I just found out that my rear mount is torn half way through. I DO NOT want a harsh vibrating car. Could I JUST do inserts for now on the rear mount?

I hat to replace the whole thing if I can get by with inserts for awhile.

The hardest mount to change on this car is the rear. You might as well just change it with a real mount and be done.

MSP21 said:
The hardest mount to change on this car is the rear. You might as well just change it with a real mount and be done.

It may be the hardest one, but it isnt hard at all, lol..

I have the F & R mount inserts in a P5 they are holding up fine after a year.
There is similar vibration to an AWR 70 duro mount which is what I had before switching to the inserts.
Using front insert only should not be that bad on NVH.

808808 said:
I am soooo tired of my bucking, flopping motor. Who has had good luck with mount inserts??? I was gonna do the front only first (easiest) and see how it felt before considering the others.......advice??!!!

No vibration & cheap is not possible so far but No vibration you have it from SU and they are almost the same durability as the stock one but they come filled up unlike the stock ones.
The good thing is that SU makes all four mm .
Other than that the second in the list comes sls front mount, the bad thing is sls makes only the front and side mm.

The way I would go is sls in front and SU rear mm and that's the best imo.

Let me know how it turns out for you .

Last edited:
I had that and it still sucked, then i went to med evil and it still sucks.

No vibration & cheap is not possible so far but No vibration you have it from SU and they are almost the same durability as the stock one but they come filled up unlike the stock ones.
The good thing is that SU makes all four mm .
Other than that the second in the list comes sls front mount, the bad thing is sls makes only the front and side mm.

The way I would go is sls in front and SU rear mm and that's the best imo.

Let me know how it turns out for you .

Holy old threads batman!!
Anyway I'm running AWR 70 Duro front and side inserts, No wheel hop and vibration in very minimal even with AC on. The stock Sub adds more vibration with the base then the Mounts.

I was thinking of doind the SLS in the front, and the AWR inserts on the sides. does anyone have this combo?

Get Medieval Motor Mounts all the way around.....I think they are the best Motor Mounts out on the Market for the MSPs......They prevent the motor from shaking alot just like the AWRs, but unlike AWRs they don't have as much cabin vibrations....its probably the closest you would get to stock......its a great investment.......check out the vendor review section I put up comparisons between the AWR Front and Side MMs and the AWRs.

as far as quality and price goes: Medieval>AWR>SheepUnit>SLS>Stock

Latest posts

Back