Mishimoto Radiator

hornsfan10609

Certified Mazda Tech
:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2
Stock radiator has a small crack and I no longer need the SMIC so I'm ordering a Mishimoto full size aluminum radiator. It includes a cap, what pressure is the cap it comes with? I would like to run a 1.3 bar cap instead of the stock 1.1. Does it take a Denso manual trans cap or the Calsonic auto type cap? Also will a 14" slim fan fit or do I have to use 12"? How about a 14" primary fan and a 12" AC fan?
Complete parts list is:
Radiator, new Silicone hoses, new clamps (probably little t-bolts), new overflow bottle, upper brackets, two slim fans and 1.3 bar cap if needed.

Last edited:
Yeah it comes with a cap i tried the mazdaspeed 1.3 bar but it did fit so not sure if the other caps will fit. Im running 2 12" fans. Im sure u could run a 14" with a 10" that should work but 2 12" should be fine.

What pressure is the cap that comes with the Mishimo? I got radiator brackets off a 1.8L 2000 ES will they work? I may try a 14" and 12" fan I will have to see when I get it.

I just checked the cap on mine its a 19lb cap and for the radiator if 2 12"s will fit then i dont see why a 14" and a 10" wont but IMO the 2 12" look better. and id get the one Cres posted thats the cheapest ive seen it.

As for the brackets they will work but my car is a 99 so we i have the same brackets as the 2000 im assuming, dont quote me but i just had to bend mine a little that was it they worked fine so you shouldnt have a problem

Back