Mid Window Spoiler

yea a couple ppl have it, its hideous IMO.
im sure one of the ppl with the spoiler wil post in here

Ewwwwwwww. You know what I wanna see if it looks good or is possible on a P5? The speed spoiler like this.

Yeah, I'm one of the out of the closet midwingers. Nobody else has it or are to ashamed of the peer pressure to post it. I don't care. The hatch is drilled & unless someone has a silver pristine hatch without it to trade me, it'll remain. Story is, scored it already painted for cheap cheap back in 04, had it for over a year debating on it going on the car, not sure what happened but it ended up going on there. I like some of the lines it adds but wish the feet slimmed down all the way up to the top spoiler instead of stopping like they do. BEWARE-HEEYA COME THE HIDEOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P5_PAN1.JPG

shopping cart handle. but 12drivemymp5 i dont think it looks to bad really. i think itd look alot better if you removed that black bump guard on the rear bumper. mine had that on there and i took it off, soooo much better. cleaned up the rear end alot

shopping cart handle. but 12drivemymp5 i dont think it looks to bad really. i think itd look alot better if you removed that black bump guard on the rear bumper. mine had that on there and i took it off, soooo much better. cleaned up the rear end alot
Thanks but it's a love hate thing still even for me, sometimes I like it other times I wish I hadn't done it. NOT because of peer pressure or other's opinions tho, lol. Nah on the bumper guard, it wouldn't be clean, it'd be all scratched up from bike rack that stands on it & probably from stuff going in or out of the back of the car. It's no show pony & by all means no track monster so I still use it for chores haulin different stuff. Less now with the Taco prerunner but still like the switch from the truck to the car at times.

I like some of the lines it adds but wish the feet slimmed down all the way up to the top spoiler instead of stopping like they do. BEWARE-HEEYA COME THE HIDEOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good thing you like the aesthetics, because that midwing is utterly devoid of any aerodynamic benefit, so its only effect is on the car's looks.

Yeah, I'm one of the out of the closet midwingers. Nobody else has it or are to ashamed of the peer pressure to post it. I don't care. The hatch is drilled & unless someone has a silver pristine hatch without it to trade me, it'll remain. Story is, scored it already painted for cheap cheap back in 04, had it for over a year debating on it going on the car, not sure what happened but it ended up going on there. I like some of the lines it adds but wish the feet slimmed down all the way up to the top spoiler instead of stopping like they do. BEWARE-HEEYA COME THE HIDEOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P5_PAN1.JPG

Do you have a pic. of the whole car from the back?

i12drivemyMP5: Got any more pics of it? I want to see what the whole car looks like.

Where did you get the spoiler from?
Scored it off ebay for about 100 shipped & painted 22v already.

Good thing you like the aesthetics, because that midwing is utterly devoid of any aerodynamic benefit, so its only effect is on the car's looks.
lol, yeah, it might help aero if the car could do 200 or so, lol. Probably not. However, it does aid in extra dust collection back there. The rest of the car can be spotless then the back looks like you've been down a bunch of fireroad trails or somethin.

Do you have a pic. of the whole car from the back?
Yeah, here's a few. Couldn't find a good side shot.............
323_3.JPG

323_2.JPG

323_1.JPG

TAILS_02.JPG

TAILS_03.JPG

I know, I know, let the flames flow, lol..............

Last edited:

It doesn't look too bad! You're right though. I would get one if the feet went all the way to the top so it looked like one piece.
edit: I wonder how hard that would be to do?

It doesn't look too bad! You're right though. I would get one if the feet went all the way to the top so it looked like one piece.
edit: I wonder how hard that would be to do?
Dunno but I've been starin it down for quite awhile trying to figure somethin out where it started out at the top of the foot of the spoiler & angled thinner until it met the bottom of the top spoiler. Some thin triangle slice of fiberglass or somethin for each side........but mostly, take the damn thing off & try to get the holes welded sanded & painted......or swap hatches with someone, lol.

it would look nice if it wasnt so pronounced at the side where it attaches. it just looks a bit off but hey its ur creation be proud of it lol

it would look nice if it wasnt so pronounced at the side where it attaches. it just looks a bit off but hey its ur creation be proud of it lol
Yeah, that's what we're talkin about havin somethin that reduced down going up the side where it would be blended in more instead of that clompy herman munster shoe lookin mess. I'm OK with the rest of it pretty much, just the ugly feet thing mostly.

lol weel if it was just a thinner peice altogether u probably wouldnt have that problem and if is was in a downward position instead of upward. That would actually fix the whole look without having to thin it out. dumb aftermarket designers(smash)

Back