Mega Squirt and a little about it.

beansNJ

:
1994 Mazda MX-3 GS
so, I recently joined this (AMAZING) forum as you might notice from my post's count and I'm VERY interested in getting the MS EMS for my car.

I do have a few questions first though!!

first off, I have a '94 MX-3 GS it's manual.

1)Do I have to get a different ECU? (not sure if that was even correct to ask?) (headshake

2)From a little advice from another member, they told me to get it already assembled, this is pretty obvious since I don't know JACK about it, correct?

3)I want to get it while I still have the stock engine in my car, should I just wait until I get the KL-ZE transplanted to get it? would it need to be all remapped?
(and all that good stuff that I can't even imagine doing on my own?)

4)How IS MS? and let me know some of the things that it does.
*I know it does like; rpm fuel cutoff and maybe the torque band?

lastly, what are some things that I should NOT do to my car NOW, since I'm going to swap the engine with the 2.5 V6 KL-ZE? I want to get a full exhaust within this month, that's not something I would have to arrange or anything just because of the engine, is it?

THANKS A MILLION PEOPLE!!(yes)

1) You don't need a different ECU...2)You can get Kits, best for you as per your statment ...3)I would wait to get the ZE as it will have to be remapped (why have to pay someone twice for tuning/dyno) ...4) You can research this and THAT is a must if your concidering this. and lastly, you can go ahead with Exaust wont matter unless you plan to boost, if not put 2.25" or 2.5" anything bigger IMO will be a waste if you are going to boost go 3", CAI is something that can be changed to a ZE, Headers you can put on but will have to take off and change gaskets but no prob if you do it yourself will save you money(labour) if its a stock motor then keep it that way till the swap.

Finally!

first off, thanks a lot for giving me feedback REASON!! (breakn)

I damn near lost interest in it for awhile! (headshake

alright, so I will definitely get the kit, after I get the ZE swap so I don't have to go through the BS.

so, I am most likely going to boost the ZE when I get it so I guess I'll go ahead and get the 3" exhaust now.

Also, probably get some intake now, since that's universal.

Lastly, I'll just lay off the Headers too.

Thanks a lot!! (cheers2)

Just to make sure...

1) You realize that the MS is an ECU, right? No other ECU/ECM is needed.

2) If you've got the cash definitely buy pre-assembled.

3) I wouldn't mod anything unless you're 100% sure you can re-use it after the swap. This includes the MS and associated wiring.

4) MS are awesome, very capable, inexpensive ECU solutions. Installing one is a fairly involved process, so I hope you're not doing this to your daily driver!

You need to make sure that whatever MS you order (there are many flavors) can support whatever ignition system is in the KLZE, this is (in my experience) the most difficult part of setting up an MS. You will probably want to take your car to a dyno to get it tuned after you get a baseline map running with a very reliable idle. There are tons of MS add-ons and widgets, so take your time and do a lot of research before you get started.

oh snap..wow, didn't really realize that MS is actually the ECU haha..(toilet)

and about allll the rest of the stuff, your right man, if you (someone who actually knows about cars/mazdas w.e.) are telling me you wouldn't do any mods if I wasn't sure that I can use it after the swap.. I'll just let that pass (unamused)

alright, I will definitely do my research before I get the MS WAY before I know I'm going to get it.. which basically means when I'm at least $1,500 up in money (2cents) lol

I'll post somewhere else maybe asking what others with MX-3 did when they MS'd their car.

I have to find out WHAT I CAN & CAN'T do (rather 'should and shouldn't do') before I swap and etc..

THANKS A LOT MAN!!

If your boosting a ZE why not boost a DE or K8 they have lower C/R then the ZE 10:1 , ZE's with out work like boost 5LBS maybe abit more, correct me if im wrong but i would stick with a DE to boost make more since to me. your best to to wait and get everything you need to build the car then go crazy and do it at once that way if your plans change your not wasting your time.

sorry, I replied to the other thread made without seeing this 1 REASON. yeah, I see what you were saying now. Okay, the DE is from the GS V6 1.8 24V DOHC? or the K8?

like I said before man, I'm a newb (braindead

I really would hate to get people on the forum mad when I don't exactly know little stuff like that. Does this vid help any? sorry, no pics of the engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usEeTpFZ6vA
(I pop the hood about 3:40s into the video)

V6 1.8 ltr is a K8.... V6 2.5 ltr is a DE A-spec.... V6 2.5ltr ZE J-spec yours is a K8 motor, you really should use the search and spend sometime reading will help down the road and i dont mind helpin you not a big deal, everyone starts some where so just keep looking you might want to check other forums like MX6.com or MX3.com

V6 1.8 ltr is a K8.... V6 2.5 ltr is a DE A-spec.... V6 2.5ltr ZE J-spec yours is a K8 motor, you really should use the search and spend sometime reading will help down the road and i dont mind helpin you not a big deal, everyone starts some where so just keep looking you might want to check other forums like MX6.com or MX3.com

sadly, I do search man, I just never know what the hell I'm looking FOR or AT haha. and yeah, I use those sites too man, appreciate it!

Back