Mazdaspeed3 Turboback Exhaust System - Prototype Completed

justa4banger said:
BUTT dyno tell you any difference? Just cause it didn't throw a cel doesn't mean your doing any better. Personally i like how the stock system is quiet.

How loud is this new system over stock?

come on now i just wanted the exhaust a little louder for the sound didn't say anything about performance, just stated the fact that im glad i don't have a cel on, but as far as sound goes it got about maybe a couple of db's louder.

How hard was installation of the downpipe? I haven't been underneath my car yet so, not sure what everything really looks like.

Vermilion said:
How hard was installation of the downpipe? I haven't been underneath my car yet so, not sure what everything really looks like.

honestly not that bad, just tight quarters. its removing the old one that is the biggest problem

This is good news :)

I live in emission nazi place so a cat is a MUST and if the 4" tailpipe looks like a coffe can, then I guess this piece is directed towards "ricey" type of boys outthere :)

I love the fact the this car is a sleeper, a bit deeper sound from the exhaust will be great but no coffe cans for me... thank you very much :)

On the other hand, power differences must be substantial to justify the > $1K for this piece only. I know Ken's work is awesome but if you guys can come up with a 3 piece solution, this will be much better.

If not, I guess I'll have to get the MS exhaust that will soon be released as well, especially since I get the MS parts at cost :)

So I guess no more AMS for you Thru-boost? :) This means you'll be getting the XEDE now? lol

Great effort by all of you guys :)

Carlos

Pololo_MS3 said:

I live in emission nazi place so a cat is a MUST and if the 4" tailpipe looks like a coffe can, then I guess this piece is directed towards "ricey" type of boys outthere :)

I love the fact the this car is a sleeper, a bit deeper sound from the exhaust will be great but no coffe cans for me... thank you very much :)

On the other hand, power differences must be substantial to justify the > $1K for this piece only. I know Ken's work is awesome but if you guys can come up with a 3 piece solution, this will be much better.

If not, I guess I'll have to get the MS exhaust that will soon be released as well, especially since I get the MS parts at cost :)

So I guess no more AMS for you Thru-boost? :) This means you'll be getting the XEDE now? lol

Carlos

This car is diffently NOT a sleeper. compared to the exhaust/looks on my g/f normal 07 M3.

When i took mine on a road trip from CA to AZ to break her in. I got a LOT of turned heads! I even had 2 guys wanting to take pics of it, while i was at the gas station filling up. And a SS cobalt reving on me at a light while in Phoenix.

Because all the media attention, this car will be know to a lot of people.

P.S. I love the Coffee can look. she will get a HKS series muffle soon.

well, the size of the tip we are using is not alot larger diameter if at all than what you have on the car stock...

thanks for the compliments. as far as I know, our system is one of if not the cheapast system announced, with or without cat. we're hoping to make some adjustments to the car this weekend and then start duplication of it from this model. we are considering discounted "power bundles" of the exhaust and other parts we offer if purchased together.

Pololo_MS3 said:

Carlos

Any chance to have a resonated system that will NOT be louder than stock? Frankly, the stock system DROOOOOOONNNNNNES too much and I have no desire to make my car heard from 3 blocks away.

Looks promising! Can't wait to see they dyno results and a video/sound clip.

2007 MazdaSpeed 3, Turboxs Hybrid BOV, Turboxs Race Pipe, MS CAI on the way!
RIP: 2003 LS 350z, Injen Super SES, MSR 088's

dcomiskey said:
Any chance to have a resonated system that will NOT be louder than stock? Frankly, the stock system DROOOOOOONNNNNNES too much and I have no desire to make my car heard from 3 blocks away.

this system is resonated. putting more resonators into it will not really make a system quieter. for that you would need to add mufflers inline. going to a larger diameter system almost always makes it louder unfortunately.

Back