Mazdaspeed3 Road test

seanw said:
Rainman, check out the official Mazda Canada MS3 forum. Lots of good info. Per the site red only for the first batch and then one other color chosen by some sort of vote or poll. The site is moderated by a Mazda rep.

True enough. I quickly perused the Canada MS3 site last week (as well as the American site) with the other colours; I was relaying what my local manager told me earlier.

It is interesting that the Auzzie MS3 is available this week, but ours won't be around for another couple of months. The MS6 arrived in Canada and Down Under at about the same time IIRC; slightly ahead of the US.

R

japfan said:
In Australia my new Turbo 3 arrived at the dealer this week and i am taking delivery next Wednesday. Chose the red and it looks great in the flesh. Test drove the black one also pictured and it is a much better street ride than the 6 turbo with wider torque band. I currently have an RX8 and you can hold it in the one gear all day with the torque just like the rotary.
Aussie spec is 190KW and you really have to hang onto it from 4-6000 RPM. pulls really well.
After a drive, just get it!!

can you take more pics of the different colors if possible?

Greatest MAZDA FWD ever. Mazda got the MSP right (handling= greatest FWD car ever). This time around Mazda got the power squared away. Not that the MSP was slow, It ran/runs solid 15.5 quarter miles and was relatively light wieght but the MS3...280 tq is ALOT...

Looks like the Australians get the Aurora Blue color for the MS3...nothing similar for the peeps like myself in the states :( Mazda should at least make the MS3 available with the whitewater pearl (which I think is gorgeous) I typically don't like white paint, but on mazda's and bmw's especailly they look sick in white...

any news of 1/4 times from Mazda?

also, how is the power in 6th (for thse who have actually drove it)? 5th in my p5 seems really low geared for being an overdrive... I wish I had another.

Please see below link for another review

Pro5maniac, my second post had some average photos of the black and red a few pages back. These are the only two i have seen in the flesh.
For those of you more hungry for technical analysis, another review was released today with more info and pictures. Follow the below link for your enjoyment.
http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car-review/1893377.aspx

My Bumometer leads me to guess a 14 sec 1/4 but my car has less than 30Km on it so i will not be able to tell you for a while. I have heard real zero to 100 KM (60 MPH) is 5.8 sec with good conditions. But this is all heresay from the other side of the world on different fuel octane ratings and maybe spec engine as well. But i still have a hard on from driving it today.

Latest posts

Back