mazdaspeed problem

Tgworkman

I need help last night my car shut off on me and would start back up but would sputter real bad and shut back off. It has a bad gas smell like its flooding out it kind of has the same signs of when my egr valve went out but its worse this time any suggestions what it could be?

thanks for the replies i actually checked it in the daylight my hard pipe running from intercooler to throttle body had popped out i put it back together but it still idles funny and wants to die at times so i unhooked my maf sensor and it idled better is that a sign of my maf going bad?

still may have a small vac leak somewhere. If the car idle gets worse after plugging the maf back in, there is still a leak somewhere in the system. Double check all couplers, especially the one that popped off. You could also buy a can of MAF cleaner and spray the sensor down. Let it dry completely and go from there

take the sensor off the intake, spray inside the sensor housing then let it dry before plugging it back in. But to avoid the wait time, I would double check all couplers first just in case there is one that is loose. That way, you won't have to wait for the sensor to dry before checking the idle again

Back