Mazdaspeed & MS Parts Warranty Clarification

:
11 MS3 Sport
I really think this should be addressed since it seems that a lot of people claim that your warranty will be voided if you have a MAZDASPEED part installed and have a warranty issue. So I wanted to provide this as some clarification, since this is the way I interpreted it (and verified through my local dealership, including 3 top techs, my service manager and salesperson):

MazdaUSA.com Warranty Info

Accessories:

Mazda notes that all Genuine Mazda Accessories, if installed by the Mazda Dealer prior to or at initial vehicle retail delivery, carry the same new-vehicle limited warranty as the vehicle. See dealer for limited-warranty details. With all accessories, please check with your Mazda dealer for applicable models. In some cases, parts in addition to those shown will be required for proper installation. In all cases, professional installation by your Mazda Dealer is recommended. Mazda reserves the right to change product availability or specifications at any time without incurring obligations. See your Mazda dealer for details.

New-vehicle limited warranty pertains to things like alignment, windshield wipers, things like that that are covered within the first year of ownership.

What i'm comprehending from this statement, is that, if you took delivery of your vehicle with Mazda Accessories installed and something is defective with the part (faulty hose clamp on CAI, carbon fiber mirror cover fading or peeling), that part (Mazda OEM or Mazda Accessory part) will be covered up to 12 months, 12,000 miles which ever is longer.

Now, pertaining to the Mazdaspeed Warranty:

MazdaUSA.com Mazdaspeed Warranty & Mazdaspeed Performance Accessory catalog disclaimer

Green Warranty
MAZDASPEED "Green" Performance Accessories consist of performance parts that must be approved by Mazda for their particular application. These parts are warranted for the first 12 months/12,000 miles from the date of purchase, excluding labor.

Blue Warranty
MAZDASPEED "Blue" Performance Accessories must be installed by a MAZDASPEED Dealer on a US specification vehicle and be specifically approved by Mazda for the particular application. These parts are covered under the Mazda Replacement Parts and Accessories Limited Warranty and are warranted for the first 12 months/12,000 miles from the date of installation or the duration of the "New Vehicle Limited Warranty", whichever is longer. Should the parts be purchased but not installed by a MAZDASPEED Dealer, they will be covered for the first 12 months/12,000 miles from the date of purchase, excluding labor charges. Parts or accessories replaced/installed under warranty are covered for the time remaining in the NVLW.

I'm leaving out the orange because they basically sell it to you with both parties understanding there is ZERO warranty and that the vehicle will NOT be using these parts on public highways.

So basically, the green parts (CAI, CBE, Sport Spring Kit) would maintain a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty, or the existing New Vehicle Limited Warranty, which ever is longer. If the parts are not installed by MAZDASPEED Dealers, they will still warranty the parts defective under warranty, but you will be charged for labor. The blue parts, which the only one we'd need to buy would be the front mask, is the only thing required by the dealer to be installed, and if it is installed by a standard Mazda dealer (Not an approved MAZDASPEED dealer), they'll still warranty it but not cover the labor charges. If you do not have them install it, they will not cover any defects in the product.

Here's the flip side: Just because you have MAZDASPEED accessories installed, does not make you invincible to warranty voids if your engine hydrolocks or dies.

The benefit of MAZDASPEED parts will really just be that they're more dealer-friendly, since it's a branded part rather than an aftermarket/3rd party brand name outside of the automotive manufacturer's brand umbrella. Dealerships do have their discretions, but they are more likely to warranty a burned out O2 sensor on your MSCBE rather than a turbo-back aftermarket setup. They're more inclined to assume it was the fault of the aftermarket setup rather than their brand's fault.

NO where in those statements does it say that you are free from trouble. But NO where in those statements does it say that a MSCAI/CBE has to be installed by the dealership in order for you to be covered. It does however, say that you are covered for the first 12 months/12,000 miles for defects/poor workmanship on the MAZDASPEED "Green" accessories if you have an issue. They will replace the part, but not install it for you for free.

Hope this helps!!!

Last edited:
my. Dealer tryed. To void my warranty cuz I changed my own oil LOL

haha thats not the first time I've heard that sadly. I told my dealer I'd be changing my own oil and if they tried that s*** theyd wish they never sold me the car.

Nicely done. I've been saying this for a couple of years, but still nicely done.

Just so there is no confusion, it's really important to emphasize that the Green Warranty only incorporates the New Vehicle Warranty IF you have the parts installed by the dealer BEFORE YOU DRIVE IT OFF THE LOT FOR THE FIRST TIME. Parts installed after you take possession do not have this benefit.

So the big question is... will "Orange" accessories like the MS coilovers directly void other warranty components such as bushings, wheel bearings, or endlinks? This assumes the accessory in question has not failed.

EDIT: Here's the orange warranty description:

MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories are sold "as is" without any warranty of any kind. All implied warranties, including all warranties of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. Purchaser acknowledges that no representations have been made regarding these parts, including but not limited to any representations as to their quality of performance, and purchaser shall be responsible for and bear all costs of repair of replacement due to any defect in or failure of these parts or any damage to other components. Purchaser acknowledges that vehicles equipped with MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories shall not be operated on public highways. MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories are intended solely for the use on vehicles participating in race/off-road competition events. Purchaser acknowledges that all Mazda vehicle/parts/accessory warranties are voided if the vehicle is used in a competitive event. Purchaser also acknowledges that there will be no warranty coverage for any part or accessory that fails as a result of the installation of a MAZDASPEED "Orange" performance part. Purchaser accepts all responsibility for all vehicle modifications and all potential risks. MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories have been designed and are intended for race/offroad applications only. Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification of, or rendering inoperative any part or vehicle system affecting emissions or safety.

Last edited:
So the big question is... will "Orange" accessories like the MS coilovers directly void other warranty components such as bushings, wheel bearings, or endlinks? This assumes the accessory in question has not failed.

EDIT: Here's the orange warranty description:

"purchaser shall be responsible for and bear all costs of repair of replacement due to any defect in or failure of these parts or any damage to other components."

Orange warranty is basically no warranty

sorry for the the periods i use my fone for the forums but , it was the dealer down in atlanta when i was there for a couple of weeks for training i had the faulty gas cap lol

Not to keep beating this topic to death but I have 2 questions.

I love the car .... but you can never have enough power, and I'm intrigued with the gains of the MSCAI after reading the road and track article...

1. How many people take delivery of their cars with the MSCAI installed?.. come on ... probably only a handful in the country, if that. Does this mean that if the engine blows up with normal recommended dealer maintenance at 13 mos after installation of the MSCAI, that the warranty of the car (36,000 miles, 3 years) is VOID? (If I get this done I would only get the MSCAI intake and have it installed by a mazda dealer.)

2. What happens to the mpg especially on the highway if one doesn't "drive it like they stole it" (which is damn tough to do).... On long distance relatively flat drives I have achieved 31 mpg..... This is somewhat important for me because come July I will have a 110 mile commute per day.

Thanks in advance

Not to keep beating this topic to death but I have 2 questions.

I love the car .... but you can never have enough power, and I'm intrigued with the gains of the MSCAI after reading the road and track article...

1. How many people take delivery of their cars with the MSCAI installed?.. come on ... probably only a handful in the country, if that. Does this mean that if the engine blows up with normal recommended dealer maintenance at 13 mos after installation of the MSCAI, that the warranty of the car (36,000 miles, 3 years) is VOID? (If I get this done I would only get the MSCAI intake and have it installed by a mazda dealer.)

2. What happens to the mpg especially on the highway if one doesn't "drive it like they stole it" (which is damn tough to do).... On long distance relatively flat drives I have achieved 31 mpg..... This is somewhat important for me because come July I will have a 110 mile commute per day.

Thanks in advance

1. No it doesn't mean that. Your 36k bumper to bumper warranty is still good as well as your 60k powertrain warranty.

2. You won't see much change to be honest. I have hit 29-30 mpg on highway with mine on.

damn.... not even past the rec. 600 mile (mazda recommended) breakin period (although i think the breakin is BS)....go fast likes to go really fast don't you...what was your previous car?

Back