MazdaSpeed Miata Looks good to me!

jflo said:
edit: he got the numbers for a 2001 miata. not much of a big difference from this year model'a

I agree, it's not much of a difference in the car since 1991, but everyone always tells me to get my facts straight and it kind of pisses me off when someone tells me that, then shoots me numbers from a 1991 miata. If we were...in fact talking about the 91 miata, then there would be no "Mazdaspeed" name on it.

I am not arguing that the Miata is going to weigh more than the Protege, someone flamed me about it being only 2100 lbs, so I posted the correct gvw.

also, my whole damn argument here is that Mazda could have given the car a lot higher numbers on the hp and torque than what they did.

I never said that the MSM was going to be slow by any means, and yeah it probably will beat an MSP....but none of us know just by how much until somebody races one head to head, not just on the 1/4 mile, but on a road course as well. So really, nobody has the right to say it will "smoke" an MSP or the MSP will "smoke" a MSM until 2 people actually run them.

All I have is the facts on the weight from Mazda on both cars, and I can't even post that without people making smart ass comments and telling me that I don't know what I am talking about. It's no wonder why people are starting to leave these forums.....

SaaBaaDoo said:
I agree, it's not much of a difference in the car since 1991, but everyone always tells me to get my facts straight and it kind of pisses me off when someone tells me that, then shoots me numbers from a 1991 miata. If we were...in fact talking about the 91 miata, then there would be no "Mazdaspeed" name on it.

I am not arguing that the Miata is going to weigh more than the Protege, someone flamed me about it being only 2100 lbs, so I posted the correct gvw.

also, my whole damn argument here is that Mazda could have given the car a lot higher numbers on the hp and torque than what they did.

I never said that the MSM was going to be slow by any means, and yeah it probably will beat an MSP....but none of us know just by how much until somebody races one head to head, not just on the 1/4 mile, but on a road course as well. So really, nobody has the right to say it will "smoke" an MSP or the MSP will "smoke" a MSM until 2 people actually run them.

All I have is the facts on the weight from Mazda on both cars, and I can't even post that without people making smart ass comments and telling me that I don't know what I am talking about. It's no wonder why people are starting to leave these forums.....

Thats a 2001 Miata in the link. No difference in weight between, the 2001 and MS Miata except for the turbocharger and various small components. What more do you want? 180 hp in a 2300 lb car. Look at a Lotus Elise, low weight, low HP, high performance.

I want you to quit telling me to get my facts straight! And all I ever said is that it would have looked better with higher numbers. If I could afford the Lotus Elise...I'd have one over my MSP anyday!

GVWR is the amount of weight of the car with the max number of people...full tank of gas, all the stuff, including weight inside the trunk. if i (180 lbs) were to step into a MSM, i doubt it would weigh nearly 2900 lbs.

I have a 1991 Miata and it's much lighter than the new ones (especially Canadian spec with no airbags until 1993 I believe). All that extra safety stuff like side door impact beams, etc. add weight. The 1994 and newer models, however, have the 1.8 litre which more than makes up for the difference though!

Back