Off Topic Mazdas24/7 Official Smart Phone Thread

1657573905695.png

Lol. It is interesting that nobody has chimed in about their Apple device yet, I'm sure they're out there.

The only experience I have with Apple is when my wife upgraded from her Motorola to an iPhone 4. After 3 years, the phone bricked on her after doing a software update and she lost everything. She's been using Samsung Galaxy phones ever since. Currently she's using an S6, which is almost 7 years old now 😯 She's due for an upgrade.

Lol. It is interesting that nobody has chimed in about their Apple device yet, I'm sure they're out there.
Right? So strange. T

Currently she's using an S6, which is almost 7 years old now 😯 She's due for an upgrade.
LONG overdue. Damn. Get that girl a phone! :D

My wife just switched from Apple to Android (P6P). She's not happy. :(

I currently have a S21 Ultra and have no issues with it.

My wife and kids are iPhone users, currently using a iPhone12 (wife) and iPhone 13 Pro Max (both kids). Both of my kids got MacBooks upon graduating high school (their choice of preference). I have never been a fan of Apple, Sammy for life! lol

I currently have a S21 Ultra and have no issues with it.

My wife and kids are iPhone users, currently using a iPhone12 (wife) and iPhone 13 Pro Max (both kids). Both of my kids got MacBooks upon graduating high school (their choice of preference). I have never been a fan of Apple, Sammy for life! lol
Work just sent me a new 16" MacBook Pro (its a 2019 model though, so still Intel, not the M1) to replace my 15" 2018 model that just expired its 4 year warranty period, and just happened to crack the screen on this week.

All I can say is so much doesn't work on the new one, but at least I have battery life again. I just don't like these things. I'm kinda using both right now still (the usable part of the screen on the one with the cracked screen lol). Can't even get Citrix workspace to work on the new one and I need to for a lot of my work stuff that doesn't work natively on the Mac. And our desktop support is useless.

One of the features I do really like though is the TouchID instead of typing my passwords for everything and that is broken too.

I am also glad this one has a regular keyboard because my 2018 had the butterfly keyboard and it sucked horrendously.

I have an Iphone 12 mini. Daang!! There you have it, first Apple! 🤣 I've had iphone since Iphone 3 and I've got used to it. I know Android it's superior but I'm not really that much into cellphones. De gustibus non est disputandum!

Revisit....
Reread.....
Wait... no one has an Apple phone!?!? That just occurred to me. I am definitely in the right crowd.
:cool:
was kinda scared to chime in after reading this thread so far. currently have a new iphone 14 pro max and love it. i have tried android in the past, albeit not since the mid to late 2010s. i always have gone back to the iphone and eventually decided to just stick with the iphone. i recognize the benefits of a lot of the android models, the variety etc., but the phone is ultimately a tool to me, and the iphone just works, usually. i have no hate toward android phones or their users, just not for me. have had almost every model iphone from the 4 up to the 13 pro max, and now the 14 pro max. still have my 12 pro max, 13 pro and xs max, along with a backup iphone 8. i use the extra ones like tablets in different rooms of the house. everything syncs up well, and the integration with apple watch, air pods etc. is great overall. not happy about apple ditching the sim card tray this year, but the overall experience with apple products and iphones in particular has been great.

You are welcome here. I don't hate Apple. Now go take a few pics of your Mazda and show off that camera in the Beauty Shot thread.

was kinda scared to chime in after reading this thread so far. currently have a new iphone 14 pro max and love it. i have tried android in the past, albeit not since the mid to late 2010s. i always have gone back to the iphone and eventually decided to just stick with the iphone. i recognize the benefits of a lot of the android models, the variety etc., but the phone is ultimately a tool to me, and the iphone just works, usually. i have no hate toward android phones or their users, just not for me. have had almost every model iphone from the 4 up to the 13 pro max, and now the 14 pro max. still have my 12 pro max, 13 pro and xs max, along with a backup iphone 8. i use the extra ones like tablets in different rooms of the house. everything syncs up well, and the integration with apple watch, air pods etc. is great overall. not happy about apple ditching the sim card tray this year, but the overall experience with apple products and iphones in particular has been great.
I'm not gonna hate on that.

Apple, for many reasons, is just not for me, but everyone I know who uses Apple products (not just the phone) do so for basically the same reason you mentioned. It works for them and they like having everything on the same ecosystem. I can't fault that.

Oof. Just broke my P6Pro. Temporarily using an iPhone 8+. First taste of iOS 16. It's really not awful. :D
But like CD said... still not for me.
P7Pro on it's way.
And a better case, too. :D

Back