Mazda5 speaker sizes

Family5

:
Mazda 5
Crazy!!! Help needed!
Mazda 5 (2008)
Hello to all,
Does anybody now what is correct size of speakers in Mazda 5. I found different size. Are front and back same size? Are they oval or round shape?
Presently Im on board and cant check my self. My wife? No thanks I will not ask.
Please help!

Both are 6x8/5x7 speakers. If you want round speakers (6.5, 5.25 etc.) you can either make or buy adapter baffles that convert stock size to whatever you have.
I bought 6.5 with baffles that will be going in as soon as the weather warms back up a bit.

^^ Not sure on the 5. On the 3 depending on the mounting depth of the speaker you may have to trim some of the baffle attached to the plastic door panel (little tube that extends back towards the speaker). Only a problem if the new speaker sticks out significantly towards the door panel.

Who's upgraded their speakers with the stock HU? Was it worth it? I'm looking at some low power 2-ways like some Pioneer TS-G6842R or 43R's. I don't intend on running an external amp, just want better range and clarity.

Who's upgraded their speakers with the stock HU? Was it worth it? I'm looking at some low power 2-ways like some Pioneer TS-G6842R or 43R's. I don't intend on running an external amp, just want better range and clarity.

Speakers make the biggest difference.
Just about anything is an improvement over stock.

How about the stock tweeters? What have you guys done with those when you upgrade your door speakers?

How about the stock tweeters? What have you guys done with those when you upgrade your door speakers?

If you are doing both tweeters and door speakers, I would just recommend getting a component speaker set since this come with crossovers and are matched to bring out the best of lows, mids, and highs. If you are going to buy full range 3-4 way door speakers covering the whole spectrum, the unpowered tweeter is not going to be noticeable. I think a component speaker set comes out cheaper and is better sounding than buying independent door speakers and tweeters.

MB Quarts, Infinity, Boston Acoustics should fit the bill.

I've never worked with high-pass crossovers before, and it's been almost 10 years since I had a car stereo system, but bass was the focus then. It's my understanding that component systems are simply a manufacturer's matching of mids and tweeters for you.

I'm not really interested in adding a high-fi system, neither is the person who drives this (wife). I was really just curious if a set of 2-way speakers means I should disconnect the stock tweeters. Caps do a good job of filtering the lows, but if I decide to go the component route, what tweeters fit in place of the stocks?

Try shopping around first to get a price estimate. Some component sets are actually cheap and very affordable. Yes, they are essentially matched, which is very important much like a proper spring and shock combo for proper damping. If you have a good pair of 2 ways, you don’t ‘need’ the tweeters –unless you like really like your highs. I think 4 ways are overkill.

Btw, I am a proponent that 1) speakers should be round, not oblong and 2) the cone surface should be continuous and not obstructed with a stalk housing the tweeters protruding through the middle. If you must go 5x7, it should be like this.

Yes 5x7: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
No 5x7: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I upgraded wife's 09 sport with focal a1 6.5 comps and a little bit of rammatt btxII deadener, made a world of difference. These are very efficient speakers (~90-91 I think), and retained the oem HU. With out any additional power (amp), you need to get some efficient speakers that sound good to you.

Back