Mazda5 Privacy Glass?

yoyoma

Why does the Mazda5 not have an option for privacy glass? My wife wants to put the kybosh on this because of that. I told her I don't want the new CRV because of the lack of bluetooth but she doesn't care because it comes with privacy glass. Says it's better for the kids back there.

If my information is correct, it is because mazda5 is classified as wagon, and wagon is not allow to have privacy glass... (at least in U.S.)

Maybe a CX-7 would be a good replacement? Although the CR report I read gave it a bad review compared to the Mazda5.

i tinted all the windows in my mazda5 at 20% and it looks great and i never get harassed by the fuzz.

I told her I don't want the new CRV because of the lack of bluetooth but she doesn't care because it comes with privacy glass. Says it's better for the kids back there.

In what way? Will they grow faster? :)

Seriously, we had a CR-V without privacy glass, an MPV with, and now the 5 without. The privacy glass was nice to have when the kids were really young for a small period, otherwise none of us cared. There's always sunshades, or you could always get the glass tinted yourself.

^ LOL, I really hope privacy glass is not a show-stopper for buying a Mazda5 :D, if it was because of the lack of a V6 option I would understand, but for that, just tint it.

I prefer the wagon-ish look than the minivan/SUV look. For the kid's window I have a cheap Eddie Bauer self-adhesive filter. As soon as is not needed, it will be gone (naughty)

When people suggest to just tint the windows, do you mean that plastic film that overlays on top of the glass? I don't want that because it gets bubbles etc. Is there another way to tint it? Thanks.

If you go to a good tint shop there won't be any bubbles. Ziebart does a pretty good job and uses good quality tint.

as for the v6 comment, the rondo has that but it makes only a few ponies more than the 2.3 in the 5 so i can't say thats even a deal breaker

first thing i did was tint...big difference.

Had a Rhondo for a rental....it was a gas pig. Interior was roomy but i dare you to put 6 people in it. Not to mention....Its a Kia.

Getting windows film tinted is a given down here in Flatistan.
It has been years since I have seen issues with bubbling or pealing.

Picture005.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Had mine ceramic tinted which is better than what a factory does because it cuts down more on heat (we live in the South). Probably cost me the same as privacy glass, and I still have a warranty for the work. Seems like a silly reason to pass up on the deal. Either of those options can be added to a vehicle, but you cannot add sliding doors very easily.

ogre, that looks real nice. When I drive around I see so many cars with bubbled tints on their windows. I have no idea who to trust and who not to. That's my problem though. I trust nobody, must be due to growing up watching the x files.

ogre, that looks real nice. When I drive around I see so many cars with bubbled tints on their windows. I have no idea who to trust and who not to. That's my problem though. I trust nobody, must be due to growing up watching the x files.
The tinting you see with bubbles is almost always someone who decided to do it themselves, in order to save a few dineros. Remember, TANSTAAFL ..

i don't usually like tint but that white 5 looks damn sweet tinted.

I am the same on white cars, but keep noticing more white cars with black tint. It makes a car look like proper, like a white tuxedo or something.

Back