Mazda5: Prices paid and related questions

Just bought a 2008 Mazda 5 Touring

Year: 2008
Trim: Touring (Stormy Blue)
Tranny: Auto
Any extra accessories: No
Sale Tax Rate: 8.75%
Price you paid for your Mazda5(including tax, title, fees)
- Base Price: $18,999
- Out The Door: $20,900

I think I got a pretty good deal. I have also purchased the extended warranty (6 yrs and 100,000 miles Total Care coverage with Zero Deductible.) The good thing is.... IF I do not need to use the extended warranty, at the end of the warranty/contract, I will get 100% refund of the purchase price of the extended warranty.

Happy Motoring!

Just got the car home a little while ago...

Sticker: 19833
Paid: 18799

It's a Sport with and Automatic with a few of the little add-ons.

Out the door: 20405

Bumper Step Guard

More of a reference for guys who don't know what it looks like. I guess its one of the "must have" accessories, I paid $65 bucks here in Toronto.

mazda0828.jpg

Last edited:
You got to be kidding me... did you just type this without thinking?

Ooops, LOL, no worries superbart, it was not directed at you. fam referred to a spam message posted in between the 2 of you which I just deleted :D

(fam, you troublemaker... ;))

Last edited:
lol.

You could have deleted my comment after deleting the spam. :)
but no....you make ME look like the bad guy.

lol.

You could have deleted my comment after deleting the spam. :)
but no....you make ME look like the bad guy.

What message? (scratch) Oh, it's still on superbart's post :D

j/k, I agree and done (a little bit late though, he he)

More of a reference for guys who don't know what it looks like. I guess its one of the "must have" accessories, I paid $65 bucks here in Toronto.

I agree, it's a must have.

One can get it considerably cheaper over the Internet, one just has to do the install themselves, which is easy. I paid $32USD.

Places to get it:
http://www.mazdaparts.org ($31.20 + unknown shipping, free w/orders over $100).
http://www.onlinemazdaparts.com ($32 + 6.50 shipping, free w/orders over $125)​

I ordered from OnlineMazdaParts and also got winter mats and a cargo liner to avoid shipping. They were fast and are a Mazda Forums advertiser.

Year: 2009 (10 miles on the odometer)
Trim: Sport
Tranny: Manual (more fun than I remembered)
Any extra accessories: nothin
Sale Tax Rate: 3%
Price you paid for your Mazda5(including tax, title, fees):
Sticker: 18665
Invoice: 17519 (?)
Price before taxes: 17273 + 397 doc fee = 17660
Out the door: $18,310

I'm very happy with the car and the deal. I will post more of a review and comparison to our other car, a "real" minivan soon.

Year: 2009
Trim: Touring
Tranny: Auto
Any extra accessories: Cargo net, cargo privacy screen, roof rack, all-weather mats
Sale Tax Rate: %7
Price you paid for your Mazda5(including tax, title, fees): $22,599

Note: S-Plan purchase, at dealer invoice on the vehicle and 20% off on accessories.

- pascal

09 Mazda5 sport 5 speed, no options. $17,273 ($500 below invoice), couldn't be happier!! Of course there's the additional 3% sales tax, $397 doc fee, $39 electronic filing fee (load of crap) and $9.25 for state inspection (first time ever charged by a dealer). Great experience other than unexpected fees. The MSRP was $18,6XX. Haha, same deal as Flamtap. I guess I'm just a ruff.

09 Mazda5 sport 5 speed, no options. $17,273 ($500 below invoice), couldn't be happier!! Of course there's the additional 3% sales tax, $397 doc fee, $39 electronic filing fee (load of crap) and $9.25 for state inspection (first time ever charged by a dealer). Great experience other than unexpected fees. The MSRP was $18,6XX. Haha, same deal as Flamtap. I guess I'm just a ruff.

Nice man, $9.25 for an inspection sticker, that's sweet man, in Mass it's $29.

Pictures of it?

Glenn |B)

I'll get some this weekend. Every other car of the 60 or so we've had, we've never been "charged" for the inspection. I guess internet invoice pricing type buying really has thinned out profits, so they have to do something. Heck, some states don't even have inspections.

Congrats Redlinez,

Yeah, all the fees are annoying. I did get my plates a few days ago, just about 10 days after buying. Guess that $$ pays for something.

The annual inspections after this one will be $30, so $9.25 isn't bad.

Mike's assistant(?) had the nerve to make some comment about the hassle they had to go through to use the financing check I brought (the CapitalOne "Blank check"). I told him their $400 "doc fee" should more than cover the time needed to fax a couple forms.

Glad to see they give the same deal to everyone.

I was pretty happy with the buying process there. I told them I was in a hurry when I went to purchase. It took me 45 minutes to get in and get out with the keys. None of the haggling, F&I, "let me show you the accessories" crap.

After 2 weeks I'm still happy with the car, and don't regret getting the MT, even in the crawling stop & go traffic through the construction on Kildaire Farm Rd. I was even able to get the gas cap off.

I did notice a fair amount of tire slip when driving through the rain the other day.

Congrats Redlinez,

I did notice a fair amount of tire slip when driving through the rain the other day.

Congrats, you'll get used to it and it will go away. It appears to be the mold release they apply when cooking the tire makes this slipping. Eventually this thin layer will wear out and will give you better traction, good enough for rain but still not good enough for snow.

Wmzda5, My Matiz had identical wheels altough mine was only 13 inches.

Attachments

• 107-0746_IMG.JPG
    107-0746_IMG.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 182
Back