Mazda5 engine stumble during light acceleration TSB

Same thing happen to my M5 .. id say 5 time and the dealer would say no codes can't duplicate it .. come back when it does .. guess what I have a Service bulletin .. they can also fix the water inthe Side marker lights..

is this considered a warranty item? This hasnt happened to me in a while, but today while i was at lunch it happened. Talk about perfect timing. Oh and i have a 4AT (automatic for you noobs)

I was told by my dealer they cannot do the fix if Mazda Canada doesnt issue the TSB. I hope ti finds its way to Mazda Canada before my next service.
My damn 5 did it the other day again and the car was plenty warm... :(

Cool,Benfolio.Thanks. I'll have this done ASAP. It happened again the other day in Lake Tahoe in 20 degree weather.

Thanks for that post Benfolio.
My 06 only has 10,000 km on it and has done it about 6 times to me over a year or so.
If anyone has any luck getting this done at a Canadian dealership, please post the particulars here... as I'm very unimpressed with my local Mazda dealer.
I'm gonna contact them this week and see what they have to say about getting this done.

Well, had the re-flash at the dealer this morning. Also was having an issue with the steering wheel stereo remote so they ordered a part for me. All done under warranty.
Let's hope it doesn't show-up again.

Well, had the re-flash at the dealer this morning. Also was having an issue with the steering wheel stereo remote so they ordered a part for me. All done under warranty.
Let's hope it doesn't show-up again.

Do you know how long it took them to do the reflash? Did you show them the TSB?

I brought the car in to the dealer today for the re-flash.
For starters, they wanted nothing to do with the TSB because it was a Mazda USA bulletin, apparently not applicable in Canada.
They did however agree to hook it up and see if they had a newer version of the sofware, which they did, so they updated my ECU.
Now, whether this updated Canadian software is the same as the one in the American TSB, I don't know.
Just gotta wait and see if the fix worked.
Dosen't take long to do the flash either... half hour all together or so.

Last edited:
Do you know how long it took them to do the reflash? Did you show them the TSB?
I was in at 7:15 A.M. and out by 9. I also had the stereo controls checked so add that in to the time spent.
Didn't even need to show the TSB, even though I brought a copy. My service advisor mentioned the TSB before I could. :)

welp, my 5 did this a few times but has never stalled and today it stalled about 1/4 way into an intersection. Now I'm going to have the dealer do a fixie. Up until now it happened so infrequently and was so minor it didn't bother me.

I got the reflash today. (I just showed them the TSB and told them this was happening to me) Took an hour for that and a oil change. Hope this helps but the main thing I don't see it hurting anything.

Thank ya'll so much for the information about the TSB. I have a 2007 Mazda 5 GT that has been hesitating off and on for the last couple of months. It almost always is first thing in the morning when I am pulling out of my driveway. We brought it to Mazda and they could not reproduce the problem. My husband is a Honda Tech and he said that we should wait until it got more consistent so that they could reproduce the problem. Well...today it decided to stall as I pulled out of my neighborhood onto a very busy street. My children and I almost got creamed. I took it back to Mazda today and watched the tech drive it like a maniac all over the parking lot...I guess he didn't hear me say that it was on cold starts under light throttle. Anyways, they put me in a loaner car and said they will try again tomorrow. I will absolutely be forwarding this TSB to them...

My husband took a look at the TSB (we found the actual TSB number online) said that the reprogramming of the PCM allows for greater tolerances. He said that when the coil fires, it puts out a large magnetic field that "confuses" the cam sensor and it does not know what to do, so it "quits." The TSB number on this problem is 01-046/06. It can be found at the following link

Oh...The 2007 Mazda 3 loaner car they put me in now has a check engine light on....hmmmm

So has anyone as of yet experienced this after having the TSB performed? (nervous) Just curious Im sending mine into the shop here in a few days for the fix.

yay, serviced my 06 today and they applied this TSB, no questions asked. The acceleration is now more uniform and "feels" peppier when stepping on the gas at around 3000-4000RPMs, like the 08. Let's now see fuel economy, I hope it improves too (naughty)

On the upside they have ordered and will replace under warranty one of the door arms which was cracking (ask wife (scratch)) :D, but on the downside they have ordered and will apply the freezing latches recall and the squeaky bushings citing Mazda is encouraging owners to perform them to minimize any Mazda accident "liability". I hope they don't mess it up too much...

I just scheduled ours for an oil change and this TSB, the guy really harassed me about it and tried to make it sound like I wanted to hurt my car and I'm some sort of an idiot. So I printed it out and highlighted the part about customers concerned about this should have this done.

Raspykart, smack that idiot of a service writer and start looking for another shop to do your servicing. He's an absolute moron.

My Mazda dealer applied the TSB after checking out the computer codes quite happily. I've noticed a distinct improvement in acceleration.

Raspykart, smack that idiot of a service writer and start looking for another shop to do your servicing. He's an absolute moron.

My Mazda dealer applied the TSB after checking out the computer codes quite happily. I've noticed a distinct improvement in acceleration.

will do man, I'm gonna take'r in myself tomorrow and show the documentation and explain my impression of the service I received over the phone... I know Mazda puts pressure on the these guys to perform well and give courteous service... I'll be pleasant and encourage them to not attempt to make customers look like idiots as they don't really know the person well enough to do that. Only 1 mazda dealer in town n guess they know it... sigh.

will do man, I'm gonna take'r in myself tomorrow and show the documentation and explain my impression of the service I received over the phone... I know Mazda puts pressure on the these guys to perform well and give courteous service... I'll be pleasant and encourage them to not attempt to make customers look like idiots as they don't really know the person well enough to do that. Only 1 mazda dealer in town n guess they know it... sigh.

Yeah, that's what I meant, pleasantly and courteously smack the moron!
thumbsup4kk.gif

Only game in town? Bummer! My local Mazda dealer has been absolutely great to deal with. Prompt and courteous, and very willing to listen to my comments on forum found TSBs.

Back