Mazda3 Pop-up Navigation

M

my3needsaname

So I bought my 3 about 4 and a half months ago with everything on it but navigation. I finally have realized that navigation is the one thing I don't have that I would really want to get installed or install it myself.

Now I want to know from anybody who has used it or has it, how it is using it and how smooth it is when the map is on, basically every aspect of the system and where I might be able to get one (without going to the dealer and paying their ridiculous price) and install it myself???
Thanks all!

i hate to be on the band wagon but a search would have been your friend.

but anyway, here:

No u cannot install an OEM nav system into a 3 without one, simply because its wired into the entire car, especially the harness behind the dash is completely different

the factory nav is one of the worst i've ever used and its not touch screen, especially being in the location that it is, pointless.

Alternatives:

Get a double din navigation unit installed and dont worry about paying almost 2800$ for the oem stuff.

LOL... It looks photo chopped though. I would need to see one in person before I dropped that 1250 on it. I have the pop up nav in the wifes mazda5. It is ok. Not as easyto use as the plug and play I have and got for $110 at Circuit city but it is nice having it built into the car.

i guess a kid ordered one and they make to order, so hes getting it around christmas, it looks badass though doesnt it.. haha

It is actually possible to install the factory NAV system, however it's prohibitively expensive.... something along the lines for $2-3,000 for parts alone and requires the complete removal of the dash and the replacement of the entire wiring harness from the firewall back. Add to that that technology-wise it's not a great NAV system and you have a couple of reasons to not try that out.

If you're looking for a pop up navigation system however you're not SOL. You can get THIS from www.thexenonstore.com (I'm sure other places as well) and hook a Garmin GVN52 GPS receiver into it. Viola! you have a flip up LCD screen with a GPS unit connected, and you can plug in a DVD player, etc. to the other inputs. It's plug and play and just connects into the HU harness for power.

im not a big fan of the mazda navigation it gets me lost. then i hacve to read a map to figure it all out. i would recomend an aftermarket garmin or something like that. they are easyier to update and what not

id rather spend 300 dollar for a regular gps then shell out 2-3g for the oem one, which isnt all that great anyhow

i hate to be on the band wagon but a search would have been your friend.
Did, got a bunch of s*** about the CD's in the CX-9 section.

Anyways, mattj3636, that looks freakin' sick. I want one now the only issue I have with it is that it replaces my entire head unit and I'd rather not go that invasive.

icspots, I saw that on google when I searched for it and that looks damn near perfect.

Ah well, maybe there's some way to put in an Acura nav system out of an older body style TL that I intricate into that pop-up screen? How would something like that work anyhow?

it only replaces the upper portion, taht controls the radio, climate control and the LCD screen is still there, just the radio controls are gone, which you dont need anymore... its soo badass

It is. But I've grown partial to my stock HU and don't exactly plan on replacing it anytime soon...besides I just got the upgrade to make my BOSE system sound better a month or so ago.

Haha! The car advanced link doesn't go anywhere anymore. lol. (inout)

Looks like they did some upgrades on it...post pics as soon as it's at the house!!! And then again once it's in the car!!!

Latest posts

Back