Mazda3 in need of some help.

skylar2ups

:
2011 Mazda3 iSport
I have a 2007 Mazda3 it's Galaxy Gray Mica.
I love my car but I want to make it my own.
It's an iTouring with the​
(dumb) 6 disk CD player and sunroof.
I bought it in Ohio and it has an ugly front plate bracket but I don't know if I want to take it off and risk the holes under it.
I think I want to get a shark fin and perhaps a spoiler.
I think I want to take off my side moldings.
I want HID headlights.
I love the new LED taillights on the 08 3's.
My sister just bought an 08 Mazda5 and I'm totally jealous of her VW-like key and I'm planning on getting one.
Basically I want your guys input on what looks good and what doesn't work on the 3.
I'm also not amazing with "do-it-yourselfs" so when I do pick a project I will be asking a ton more questions.

Side molding are pretty easy, there's a bit of a thread going on in the appearance folder as we speek. I JUST took off the moldings on my '08.5 Mz3 hatchback this weekend. The hardest part about it, is getting that damn adhesive off your door. I've only had my car for two months, but I don't recall seeing LED taillights in my car, of course, I never really looked that closely at the lights themselves, I'll take a second peek. As for the rest, no clue.

Last edited:
I found that thread too sorry about your adhesive problem. I'm pretty sure your taillights are LED I might be wrong though.

I took off my side moldings.
mazda004.jpg

mazda005.jpg

It was so easy... now on to my next project... I just don't know what it should be.

I found that thread too sorry about your adhesive problem. I'm pretty sure your taillights are LED I might be wrong though.

Thanks, and of course, I hear a super easy way now to get any remainder off, hair dryer. Pretty sure my wife has one or five of those laying around, going to get the last remnants off now and take a post-rain pic to show the what it looks like on a hatchback.

My sister just bought an 08 Mazda5 and I'm totally jealous of her VW-like key and I'm planning on getting one.

I don't think you can. It was my understanding that those flip keys won't work on regular 3's, but if someone can prove me wrong, I'd love one too!

PS I want new bigger rims I would like to stay with Mazda rims I'm not big on aftermarket but does anyone have an idea on what looks good. I want it to look finished I saw a 3 sedan with SPEED rims I'm not sure if it was the 6 speed's or the hatchs but it looked good... IDEA's?

I had my HID's, Tint, Rims, Wing, Removed Moldings, New System set-up it looks pretty nice and gets a good amount of attention.

I saw a thread on how to change the interior lights on here and it was very detailed I would look for it and see what ideas you can get from there too.

I know alot of people with the speed put RX8 wheels on it and they look pretty good too.

Wow thanks your 3 looks awesome I love that blue.

I found a forum about the LEDs on the center too and it does look like a lot of labor and time, but my brother in law and dad like to do stuff like that my brother in law had a tricked out Acura RSX and my dad works for the Air Force on radars so they would do all the hard work and I would reap the benefits.

h t t p : / / w w w . m a z d a 3 f o r u m s . c o m / i n d e x . p h p ? t o p i c = 3 1 3 6 7 . 0

flip key not avail in 07+. front plate bracket = holes that need to be filled. shark fin is good.. not sure if it comes painted. spoiler as long as its one of the stock ones its a go. def. tint your car. and maybe the side markers / blinkers. LED tails are really cool.. but as long as ur tails arent red.. your good. you could always tint thoes too. as for your rims.. mine are black stock 16's they look pretty cool.. the speed 3/6 rims look good on our cars too.
thats my 2cents.

Were you able to find LED White or Blue side markers ???

I ended up actually painting them the color of the car when it went in for paint it blends in with the whole entire car.

I took some pictures of my car today! I'm excited about the moldings being gone... The shark fin would be painted to match my car, stock spoiler, car's tinted, I like the side blikers but yours do look really good! I hate the real red tail lights mine are clear I do like the LED aftermarket tail lights!! As for the rims I really like the look of the SPEEDS on the sedan!

mazda030.jpg

mazda010.jpg

mazda011-2.jpg

Last edited:
I should update pics because the ones here are old and I have lots of little stuff done to the car and I forget about it most of the time.

It went in for paint since I wasn't the first owner there was some pre-existing damage.

The door jams were re-done, the front bumper was painted and the plate was removed and I had the plastic black painted to match the car also.

The side markers are painted over blue, and thanks to the the color combo they now blink like a neon green which has grown on me.

There was some damage on one door due to the original owner although he didn't put it through insurance obviously had the door repainted.

The back bumper also had that back part that has the black on it, that was repainted to flow with the rest of the car.

New eyelids and the pillars inside the car were repainted as well.

It needed the TLC of getting all those things fixed to really have a clean look and so it wouldn't drive me nuts anymore. Thanks to a good friend who paints I was able to get it done for not much more than the cost of paint.

The system was put in but is "baby friendly" meaning I can still go to a car show and it look nice. We pulled out all the panels and covered them in a black fabric plus built nice flat walls on each side to mount my two kicker amps and threw in a 12" Kicker L7 plus a lil neon light and blacked out the metal, best part is I can still fit my stroller in when I need to.

The HID's were put in when I first got the car, and like I said I still haven't attempted to go thru the car switching the LED's but I would like to before the end of summer or the last show.

The best thing I did was blacking out all the reflectors with the dark black with the tint instead of the spray. Plus my headlights have a very light blue tint over them along with the fog lights.

All together I've put about $2500 I would guess into the car including my rims and tires and I only paid $7000 for it since I can get wholesale prices.

I wouldn't trade it for any other car, except maybe the speed.

I love your car I think it looks awesome and that is a lot of TLC my car was ran into when I was parked one night so there are some minor scratchs on the back bumper this is my first new car and I baby her. I don't want to do major changes to it because I like the basic look of the 3 I just want to make it my own and it not look like all the girls 3's that I see around where I live. I almost bought a Scion tC instead of my 3 but my best friend got one and I didn't want to match her, I'm so happy that I got the 3.

I love your car I think it looks awesome and that is a lot of TLC my car was ran into when I was parked one night so there are some minor scratchs on the back bumper this is my first new car and I baby her. I don't want to do major changes to it because I like the basic look of the 3 I just want to make it my own and it not look like all the girls 3's that I see around where I live. I almost bought a Scion tC instead of my 3 but my best friend got one and I didn't want to match her, I'm so happy that I got the 3.

Just look around for little things, like I said I had a friend who is a painter otherwise she would have had to wait for all that TLC lol

This board is pretty good to be on too, I've only had 1 or 2 of my threads closed because people came on busting my chops and it turned into an issue. Other than that any questions they are always more than happy to help with.

Good luck !!!

I've got a question, I have been told that the Mazda5 switchblade key with not work on any 3's but my qustion is what if I take out the inside of my key fob and put it in the 5's switchblade key fob? I'm going to my sisters tomorrow to see if everthing lines up... I really want one of those keys!

I've got a question, I have been told that the Mazda5 switchblade key with not work on any 3's but my qustion is what if I take out the inside of my key fob and put it in the 5's switchblade key fob? I'm going to my sisters tomorrow to see if everthing lines up... I really want one of those keys!

Not a clue ..... I would just make sure you have your spares just in case.

I had one of those keys on my VW too bad they didn't come with my 3.

I had one too for my VW it was so nice because I only carry around my car key so it would be amazing if I could find a way to use the 5's there is some idiot on ebay saying you can use it but I don't trust ebay.

Back