Mazda2 OR Verisa Spotted in CALIFORNIA

Kansei

Banned
Via WindingRoad.com

mazda-2-mule-1.jpg

mazda-2-mule-2.jpg

lol they didn't even bother rebadging it. Now to look up if this has a twin trapezoidal link rear suspension so I can make it my next car :)

With Americas burgeoning small car landscape, the rumor mill has been rife with speculation that Mazda is planning on introducing a version of its Mazda2 subcompact currently sold overseas. With cars like the Chevrolet Aveo, Toyota Yaris, and Honda Fit showing that theres a market for such cars in North America, the time would appear to be ripe for Fords Japanese subsidiary to inject a little Zoom-Zoom into the segment.

All of which might help explain why Antoine Guilbaud was able to catch this Mazda2 mule in California wearing Michigan manufacturer tags. According to the Hidden Image shooter, the mule here is a development prototype that bears the clothing of the current model, albeit Frankensteined a bit with parts from a JDM Verisa.
Worth noting is that the platform is also expected to underpin Fords next Fiesta. And while the Blue Oval has stopped short of officially declaring its intentions to introduce a B-segment car in the U.S., we have it on good authority that they are very likely to do so.

And yes, before ANYONE mentions it, I do see that it has Verisa badging, taillights, and headlights.. but that side profile is 100% Mazda2

I was trying to figure that out.. I was like.. WTF kind of crap body kit is on that poor thing? lol..

best disguise ever!

from the back it looks like a mini porsche cayenne.

i'll buy one if i can shove a soon to be double stroller in the back.

jadonP5 said:
from the back it looks like a mini porsche cayenne.

i'll buy one if i can shove a soon to be double stroller in the back.

think mini cooper trunk space (i.e. not really any). You'd be better off with your P5, or maybe step it up to a Mazda5 :)

well, i may have to get one any way. I am loving the new compacts, and glad to see this offering by mazda.

Back