Mazda provides support to U.S. healthcare workers!

sm1ke

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Contributor
:
Canada

Pardon my French, but I think this is pretty f*cking awesome. Way to step up, Mazda.

IRVINE, Calif. (April 15, 2020) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) announced it will provide free standard oil changes and enhanced cleaning services for U.S. healthcare workers at participating dealers nationwide. This program, which begins on April 16, is not limited to Mazda owners and is available for most makes and models from other manufacturers. The Essential Car Care program, developed in partnership with the Mazda dealer network, will invest a minimum of $5 million as part of the initiative.

“Supporting the communities where we live and work is rooted deeply in Mazda’s 100-year history. We are honored to give back to those dedicated to saving lives during this pandemic,” MNAO President Jeff Guyton said. “We understand the important role vehicles play in people’s lives, and by partnering with our dealer network, we hope to make a meaningful impact in communities around the country.”

Basically, if you're a U.S. healthcare worker, you can get free oil changes and car washes (maybe professional detail work or interior cleaning as well?), even if you don't currently own or drive a Mazda. As long as the participating dealership can accommodate the vehicle (i.e. procure the correct oil filter/oil type and it fits in their wash bay), the dealership will take care of you.

Mazda deserves to be recognized for this (which is part of why I made this a sticky. They are stepping up to support, even though they are a much smaller operation than many other manufacturers.

If you know of any U.S. healthcare workers with vehicles in need of an oil change or car wash, ask them to contact a participating Mazda dealership!

Go Mazda! 🤙🤙

What a great thing to do!

And it keeps their staff employed. The "Paint & Interior Protection Plan" my dealer tried to sell me came with twice-yearly detailing @ $50 each, and they did them in-house. So they got all the stuff right there to do this.

I know a few folks who work at University of Virginia Hospital. I'll pass this on.

eta: I just called my dealer to see if they're participating and what to tell my friends regarding the process. They are "still trying to get all the facts from Mazda."

Last edited:
What a great thing to do!

And it keeps their staff employed. The "Paint & Interior Protection Plan" my dealer tried to sell me came with twice-yearly detailing @ $50 each, and they did them in-house. So they got all the stuff right there to do this.

I know a few folks who work at University of Virginia Hospital. I'll pass this on.

eta: I just called my dealer to see if they're participating and what to tell my friends regarding the process. They are "still trying to get all the facts from Mazda."

The program just started yesterday, so I'm guessing they're still in the process of rolling the initiative out.

I found this in the article. Essential Car Care Fact Sheet.

Additional info:
Program runs from April 16 - May 4, 2020.
Each worker is eligible to receive the service on one car.

The following link lists the specifics of who Mazda includes as active healthcare workers.

https://1ijylmozio83m2nkr2v293mp-wp...ds/2020/04/Essential-Car-Care-Fact-Sheet2.pdf

My son works in a medical research laboratory and was included. They also gave him a voucher for a free car wash as well.

Edit: Missed the link I inserted in the post before mine.
Where did he get this?

That's pretty fast!!! As I stated, my dealer's still in the 'What's this all about?" phase.

Where did he get this?

That's pretty fast!!! As I stated, my dealer's still in the 'What's this all about?" phase.
Eastern PA. Yeah, that program just started yesterday. My son already had an appointment for oil/filter service yesterday afternoon & I came across the article in the morning so I forwarded it to him. He inquired at the dealer & they took care of it.

List of dealers offering it:

Back