2007~2015 Mazda CX-9 brake booster issue

I had an issue of needing to press really hard on the pedal to get my 2010 Mazda CX-9. Have you ever experienced this issue before? I've searched and searched, checked and checked, seems there is something wrong with the brake booster.

How much is a new brake booster for Mazda CX-9 2010?

Will this Power Brake Booster work on my CX-9?

New Power Brake Booster For 2007-2016 Mazda CX9

Thanks.

There is a recall for the issue you are experiencing. I cannot recall the site but if you do a search there should be a Mazda site to check your VIN. I'm almost sure your year is covered and if the condition you have meets the criteria the dealership should take care of it for you. There is a thread about that topic on these forums as well.

had to replace mine. Car was stalling at every other stoplight. This was due to the failed bladder inside the booster. Immediately had the charging system checked at Advance but all checked out. Narrowed it down to hitting the brakes is what caused it. Replace the booster. It's a PITA to get to and do and I had help due to one person on the engine side of the firewall needs to set the booster while the smaller person on the inside of the car gets the nuts started. The one you posted looks fine.

Looking to purchase a used 2012 with about 78k (FWD). Car is clean, and drives well. I see in the CarFax history the brake booster was replaced around 65k, likely under the 'recall'. Does that mean this issue is resolved for me or do these thing die sooner than normal? Or in other words, was the new booster put in by a Mazda dealer one that has fixed the original issues (again meaning it should last 100k or more)? Any other thoughts on their 2012 and longevity would be great to hear as well. Thanks.

My 2012 CX-9 has been absolutely amazing! It has 160k miles on it and the only issue I have ever had is this brake booster which was replaced. Would gladly buy another one. I had the brake booster replaced around 70k and have never had problems with it since.
I know this is an old post but just wanted to share my experience for people looking.

Back