Mazda CX-50

I'm gonna' take a WAG and presume the CX-50 is the horse Mazda will ride in this segment. Maybe we'll see a CX-30 revamp in the not-too-distant future to capture any sales replacing/upgrading the current CX-5 leaves behind.

I'm gonna' take a WAG and presume the CX-50 is the horse Mazda will ride in this segment. Maybe we'll see a CX-30 revamp in the not-too-distant future to capture any sales replacing/upgrading the current CX-5 leaves behind.
That would interest me. A CX-30 Signature with some nice upgrades would interest me. I don’t need a lot of storage so a longer and wider CX-5/50 would be a turn-off.

There are so many accounts that have both similar and contradictory information at the same time. CX 5 or CX 50? Both available at the same time with the CX 50 RWD and more “premium“? It will be interesting to see a reveal at the LA Auto Show in November if that rumor is in fact true.
They can call it whatever they like as long as it has a straight six with a turbo under the hood and RWD bias. 😁

I have a feeling that what we discussed over the past couple pages, related to the spy pics is more related to the new Alabama product which I think is going to be bigger than a CX5 and will ride on a FWD platform. My guess will be the reinvented CX7.

The RWD platform with the inline six is coming, not sure how soon.

I have a feeling that what we discussed over the past couple pages, related to the spy pics is more related to the new Alabama product which I think is going to be bigger than a CX5 and will ride on a FWD platform. My guess will be the reinvented CX7.

There are video's and people saying that the CX-7 be similar to the Corolla cross but be a mid-sized SUV and have only a hybrid engine. And it will heavily use Toyota technology.

Last edited:

I agree with you. Looks like the CX-7 is ready to go and those spy photos look like a production-ready car. Some people have even analyzed the photos and concluded it’s FWD, but larger than the CX-5. But the whole CX5/CX50 thing is just full of confusing and contradictory statements. My 2019 Signature lease is up in 2022.

I’m inclined to buy it out and let the new CX5/CX50/CX4 roll out and buy/lease in 2024 at the end of my five year warranty.

Huh?

again-with-the-yb8lp7.jpg
Woof!

Back