Mazda Corral Workers Mid-Ohio

Across the track from the pit road. You can walk out of the tent, and see the track. It's a pretty good viewing spot, especially for flag drops and the finish.

I'm working on a plan for the parking to maximize the space that we will have. Whoever is helping with the parking the day of, I'll get with you guys.

i'll lend a hand phen...i'm sure bruce will too...we'll be there bright and early (unless thursday night is a killa!) :)

Across the track from the pit road. You can walk out of the tent, and see the track. It's a pretty good viewing spot, especially for flag drops and the finish.

Ok, cool. I just wanted to know so I would not be wandering all over looking for it. Jenny and I both got Thursday night off so we can be there early Friday morning.
Wait, pit in or out? Just curious.

Cross over the infield bridge. Make an immediate right turn onto the gravel road that should be labeled something like "Car Corral Parking" or similar. Depending on when you get there, there may already be cars parked there. Typically we're in the middle of the area. There will be signs.

If you have my digits, give me a call when you get there if you have issues.

Mark, is Bruce coming to the house too, or did you guys have other plans?

You should see the Castrol signage as we will have the largest display in the area or worse case scenario, you 'll hear the dyno.

Larry were you there last year? I can't remember... I believe it's gonna be in the same place. For Mahk and Bruce, I don't have a lot of room but you guys can stay at my place if Phen runs out of room.

Larry were you there last year? I can't remember... I believe it's gonna be in the same place. For Mahk and Bruce, I don't have a lot of room but you guys can stay at my place if Phen runs out of room.

thanks for the offer!;)

No, I wasn't there last year. As I recall we had other stuff going on that weekend.
Thanks for the directions though I know what area you are talking about.

Ok, we are working on a schedule and I need to know when you guys are are going to be at the track, Friday & Sturday or Saturday only. Sice we feel this corral is going to be rather large, we need to be on top of our game in order to meet all of the scheduled events for Mazda owners.

1.Parking volunteers, you will need to place a a dot on each Mazda Corral ticket in the Mazda owners vehicle, with out the dot, they do not receive a goodie bag, oil, t-shirt, meal ticket. Do't worry, for those Saturday attendees you will have a different colored dot to use.

2. Registration/Hospitality-We'll need several people to help with the following, issue meal tickets, goodie bags, Freedom t shirts, sell Sahlen hats, purchase raffle tickets and issue name tags.

3. We'll need volunteers at the dyno to collect money and hand out the dyno sheets, 2 per shift.

4. Food Servers: we learned a valuable lesson @ VIR, people are greedy! So we will institute portion control. All of the volunteers will eat lunch first, those who will be serving food will be the first to go, followed by the rest of us.

5. Flyers: We are making up flyer to hand out to the general public to come and check out out corral and particpate in the raffle and silent auction, so we'll need a few folks to pass these out on both days. We will all have signage made up by Shinebox to highly visable in the infield parking areas and walk ways.

I have asked for those volunteers who want to have their cars dynoed, to do it on Friday, but if you are going to be there only on Saturday, we have to work on a schedule or have it done while the races are going on. Please note that I have extended an invitation to the Camaro/Firebird, Mustang and GTO guys to comeover and have their cars dynoed as well.

Again, let me thank you guys in advance for stepping up an volunteering, it means a lot. We want to make a lot of money for the Make A Wish Foundation and again be the leaders when it comes to having the most cars in the corral. It should be a close race between us and the GM folks, but we'll pull it out in the end! see you in two weeks @ the races!!!

I'll be there Friday and Sat, I can do whatever on friday since I'll be solo but will need a nap at some point, Saturday Amber will be with me and I know she won't want to to alot of walking or standing so a dyno shift might be perfect for us on sat if we're needed

Back