Mazda Connect (New Infotainment System)

It is probably like the '15 and uses FM Traffic. This is what my Garmin Nuvi uses for traffic data as well. In my experience you won't get traffic info in remote rural areas.

I checked the system last night and there does appear to be a way to check what appears to be historical and live. We went to a Spurs game last night and there didn't appear to be any live traffic update though. However, we went early and left early and didn't hit traffic so that could be why. LOL! I'll look again during rush hour and see what happens.

CX-5 2016 new info and command console (Interior)

IMG_0567a.jpgIMG_0568a.jpg

2016 cx-5 gt command center and display.

It is probably like the '15 and uses FM Traffic. This is what my Garmin Nuvi uses for traffic data as well. In my experience you won't get traffic info in remote rural areas.

Exactly right. I just returned from a 600 mile trip in mine and the traffic was realtime. The top of the screen and the menu selection that gets to there indicates HD radio traffic reporting.

If it does have live traffic, it very well may come through the satellite antenna. Same way you would receive XM radio. At least that's how my Elantra is. I just have to pay $4/month for traffic.

If it does have live traffic, it very well may come through the satellite antenna. Same way you would receive XM radio. At least that's how my Elantra is. I just have to pay $4/month for traffic.

It could very well be as my '07 G35 uses that as well... if it stops working out in the sticks thought it isn't XM based.

It is HD radio based.
Our Mazda3 does not have XM radio and we have live traffic too.

It is supposed to be possible to get data also through wifi, but the system comes with wifi disabled. I did not attempt to re-enable it.

It is HD radio based.
Our Mazda3 does not have XM radio and we have live traffic too.

It is supposed to be possible to get data also through wifi, but the system comes with wifi disabled. I did not attempt to re-enable it.

Really?? It doesn't have XM? I thought all cars come with that now a days. Either way it wouldn't matter to me though because I think XM radio is horrible quality. But just interesting that it doesn't have it.

Does the HD radio traffic cost?

I think I really hate the new navigation. I was stuck in an accident for over 30 minutes this morning because there is obviously NO LIVE TRAFFIC updates integrated into the navigation. I did find there's an XM traffic map under the applications section on the home page, but if it's not integrated into the navigation, that doesn't seem to help me much. What crap is this? Or, am I not using it correctly? The TomTom system in my 2013 had integrated live traffic and I really relied on it.

I want to start a thread to discuss what everyone is expecting from the Mazda Connect that will be in the 2016 Mazda CX-5.

1. What is everyone expecting from the new system?

I would expect the same as I expect from my 2015 Touring infotainment center, I'd expect it to work!!!

Starting to consider my options of report to BBB, or complaint to Attorney General's Office, or both, whatever will get their attention!!

Hey do you know if there is a way to set it to where you are ONLY alerted about police? I don't need to hear about road hazards and vehicles stopped on the shoulder etc..

I don't think so. :(

I know the frustration though, there's alerts for RAIN. Seriously, rain alerts on Waze... in the Seattle area. :p

I have a question about using "Favorites" for radio stations. I have several radio stations set as favorites but I can't figure out how to easily toggle from one favorite station to the next. I don't see anything about how to do this in the User's Manual and am having technical difficulties accessing MyMazda for help. I was hoping that I could just turn the command control dial one direction or the other to go from one favorite station to the next but that doesn't work. Any advice?

New owner, and I have a few questions... 1) how do I (or can I) zoom in or move the HD Traffic App map? My home location is at the very bottom of the displayed map. 2) any word on how to get live traffic on the Nav map?, and 3) how do I get to the trip odometers so I can reset them? I am only able to toggle btwn the avg mpg, avg mph, range, current mpg displays and reset those. Thanks. Manual was not helpful.

New owner, and I have a few questions...
and 3) how do I get to the trip odometers so I can reset them? I am only able to toggle btwn the avg mpg, avg mph, range, current mpg displays and reset those. Thanks. Manual was not helpful.
You can reset trip odometers by the old fashion way: quick press the small stick/knob selector on top of the right instrument cluster to switch between trip A and B; press a bit longer to reset the displayed trip odometer. Rotate the knob to adjust the brightness of instrument cluster and dashboard illumination.

Twist the big infotainment knob on the center console (I can't remember it's official name) to move the HD traffic map up and down on the screen.

Back