Mazda Care Warranty Pricing

Howdy JTNY, and Kedis*,

Thanks so much for all the information and thoughts. I was wondering JTNY if the prices you were quoted
were the Top Line Package? Of does anyone have any info on what the different Warranty Packages cost?
I found this chart, on a website of a Mazda Dealer, it was the only chart that I could come across.
These of the different packages and what they cover.

http://www.sandysansingmazda.com/warranty/

Thanks Kedis for your Insight and Thoughts, they echo so many of my Concerns. I used to be pretty bullet proof<G>
but that's not quite the case anymore ;-)

Take Care,

CK

Howdy JTNY, and Kedis*,

Thanks Kedis for your Insight and Thoughts, they echo so many of my Concerns. I used to be pretty bullet proof<G>
but that's not quite the case anymore ;-)

Take Care,

CK

IMO: The days of just changing fluids for 99% reliability are behind us. Just one bad cold solder joint on an ECU of some sort can be a several $K repair.

I'm fairly good at soldering and can do some SMT baking but often times it is hard to track down the failed component. Side story.. I had some LED yard lights I bought at Costco a couple years back. I probably should have just taken them back to Costco but spent two months tracking down the relay that had failed. A $0.25 part with a $10 shipping charge. Not many would bother and most would either get replacement, get something else or put another $150 out for a replacement.

EDIT: Forgot the recent fix of soldering in new relays on my hot tub controller board. That $25 fix saved me over $800+ on a new spa pack.

Last edited:
FWIW I bought my car in late April and have 14k miles right now. I bought the extended warranty for cost Plus 10%. As with any insurance it's a gamble but with today's prices it is one I don't mind taking.

I think that if the car was a lemon it would have already shown signs of it by the time you reached 3yr/36k milestone. What i would do is take it in to make sure that all the scheduled services & TSBs are done. You still have the 50k/5yr powertrain warranty. If you do decide to purchase it do your homework. make sure it covers @ least everything that is already covered by the manufactured warranty with out conditions or limits and that its transferable should you decide to sell the car further down the line.

In reply to the original poster's question:
I paid $1350 for 8yrs/100K miles. This is the Mazda branded "Extended Confidence - Total Care" package. I was offered the "Easy Care" option and while shopping around was also offered dealer specific plans (you must use their dealership for repairs)

From an intellectual standpoint, I agree with the other Forum members opinion that an extended warranty is primarily a profit generator for the seller. I'm a longtime reader of "Consumer Reports" and their analysis shows that most people will not realize any savings from buying an extended warranty plan.

From an emotional standpoint, I made the decision to go with it anyway. My own experiences have been that I've either been glad to have had the coverage (or in some cases wish that I did).

While it's probable that a mathematical analysis would show the cost/benefit was still in the dealer's favor...I'm a follower of the "pillow test" with respect to purchases and investment. When my head hits the pillow...can I sleep easily? If the answer is yes, then right decision for me. Your individual "pillow test" is yours alone.
My advice...do the analysis...make your decision...then sleep well. :)

Best wishes.

I have just purchased a 2015 CX-5 GT/Tech Package and my dealer sold me a "Total Care" 6yr/100k mile warranty for $1500, from a third party vendor called "First Extended Service Corporation". I returned it the next day after reading some terrible online reviews and the contract's fine print that stated I must call a 1-800 number for preauthorization before any service. Even though the dealer stated I could take the contract to any Mazda dealer, this is not what the contract itself stated.

Now, when shopping around for the official "Mazda Extended Confidence" warranty, I am coming across similar issues with other dealers. For example, another dealer quoted me a "Mazda Extended Confidence" warranty serviced by a company called JM&A group. I am wary of purchasing something that is anything less than a "Mazda factory" warranty, for fear of getting claims denied (especially on the electronics and technology built into the car) in the future or for the warranty company to go bankrupt.

Can anyone offer any advice on how/where to purchase the official Mazda extended warranty?

Mazda Extended Confidence

I have just purchased a 2015 CX-5 GT/Tech Package and my dealer sold me a "Total Care" 6yr/100k mile warranty for $1500, from a third party vendor called "First Extended Service Corporation". I returned it the next day after reading some terrible online reviews and the contract's fine print that stated I must call a 1-800 number for preauthorization before any service. Even though the dealer stated I could take the contract to any Mazda dealer, this is not what the contract itself stated.

Now, when shopping around for the official "Mazda Extended Confidence" warranty, I am coming across similar issues with other dealers. For example, another dealer quoted me a "Mazda Extended Confidence" warranty serviced by a company called JM&A group. I am wary of purchasing something that is anything less than a "Mazda factory" warranty, for fear of getting claims denied (especially on the electronics and technology built into the car) in the future or for the warranty company to go bankrupt.

Can anyone offer any advice on how/where to purchase the official Mazda extended warranty?

I had a very difficult time with my search as well. What I was told (can't be 100% sure it is true) is that car manufacturers are by-and-large lessening their extended warranty product line. (Which I find surprising as they appear to be revenue generators). The market is being filled more-and-more by 3rd party companies (Easy Care, First Extended Service Corp, etc.).

The Mazda MEPP (Mazda Extended Protection Plan) has been replaced by Mazda Extended Confidence. This is the only "Mazda Labeled" plan offered now. It is my understanding that it gives you the ability to have your car serviced by any Mazda dealership during the life of the warranty. After all my research, it was the closest to a "Mazda branded" warranty I was able to find. I had the same hesitation when I read the "serviced by JM&A group" blurb. With is being labeled "Mazda Extended Confidence" instead of "Joe's Handy-Dandy Extended Warranty", odds are that Mazda has a vested interest in it being legitimate.

Look at it this way...
* according to the math...we shouldn't buy any extended warranty.
* if we do, we probably wont need it
* if we do need it, there's a fair chance all is well.

BTW, as far as having to get authorization for a repair...I can tell you from personal experience that every warranty I've ever seen has had the same requirement. In fact, even your standard 3yrs/36K miles "bumper-to-bumper" warranty has that hidden in the fine print. If you want proof, trying getting your "bumper" repaired by the "bumper-to-bumper" warranty. You'll be told that the "bumper" isn't authorized.

Best wishes.

Latest posts

Back