1987 Mazda B2200 Motor Mystery!

I have searched and searched and I do not work on Trucks so I anyone could please to the time to tell me what in the world is in my truck. So I can purchase the correct things that would really be a blessing, and I will be so grateful for the knowledge, I have a 1987 Mazda B2200 the Mazda B Series extra cab. I need to know if this Motor is the motor that came in the truck? and to know what kind of transmission is in it (it is a 5 speed Manual) I do know that it need the Transmission rebuilt, but for the love of peter what kind of transmission is it so I can get the correct rebuild kit? I hope that these photos will help, because I need some help, lol. Thank you in advance: Cedar Haven

motor2.jpeg

Motor.jpeg

You should have the Mazda 2.2, and yes, yours looks right to me. Someone simply replaced the stock carb with a Weber and painted the valve cover.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much, any idea in what type of transmission it has? I have to get a rebuild kit for it, and when I'm looking up the part it ask all these questions like basic? or Lx? and nowhere does it say those? Sorry for all the stuied questions, But I really don't want to get the wrong part. Thank you again so much.

Upvote 0
Back