Mazda and ***** are the same?

Jag x-type is built on the old Ford Contour platform.
And the MP3 is virtually the same car as the Ford Lynx. Same platform, same engine, only differences are the front and rear fascias.
There's a guy here on the boards from Taiwan with a Lynx.

edit: oh, and as far as engine parts go, I know for a fact that there are mitsubishi parts under the hood of the P5

Mmmmmken said:
To be exact... Ford has 46% financial ownership of Mazda. There is some sharing on some models (old MX-6 and Probe were virtually the same car), but no Ford stuff on our P5s that I'm aware of.
where did u get 46% from? cause I always thought it was 33%.

The 2.3 and 3.0 in just about every 04 and up Mazda is a Ford block. It's not exactly a bad thing that Ford has a big stake in Mazda either, because they basically helped Mazda avoid bankruptcy and the partnership with Volvo has given Mazda a nice edge in safety features.

ford 500 is the same as a freestyle which is on a Volvo platform ( I know, i just bought a freestyle)

isnt the auto tranny's in the protege out of a focus? I know that lentech does them and I believe they are the same trannys.

Older 323 were shared with mercury tracers

probes and MX-6s same platform

jag s type platform is shared with Lincoln LS and the new mustang

jag x type is a uero ford mondeo platform

the new 3 and the new focus and the volvo s40 share a platform

Mazda tribute and ford escape - the same

mazda protege and Euro ford Lynx - the same car basically

If you really start digging in your protege's you will the ford badge all over the place. I know I've seen it all over in mine, the most obvious was on the ECU plug.

found this on mazda corporate site

1979 - Ford acquires 25% of mazda
1996 - ford ups its % to 33.4%

Ironically, when Ford wanted to get into the mini-truck market in the 1970's, it was with a compact pick-up built by Mazda called the Courier. Ahhh - memories of childhood when it was still legal in Cali to ride in the back of trucks.

Puckpimp71 said:
I think that car actually made the cover of Car and Driver...

yes it did, it was predicted to be the next big thing and the tagline was "detroit builds one for the japanese" or something

Captain KRM P5 said:
"detroit builds one for the japanese" or something

Ya that always works well, remember when they tried to sell cavaliers over there as Toyotas? I guess there was such an uproar about how crappy they were Toyota sued GM to get out of the deal.

since we are doing to car company matching game here is a question.....what manufacturer is Seat affiliated with?

I heard somewhere that Mazda had been bought out by Ford....This might have just been a deranged rumor....but in all honesty...it makes sense to me for some reason.

Back