Mazda 3 2.0 makes 330 WHP

After playing with this car for a while, we were able to hit 330.9 WHP at 16 psi of boost. This is in the 2.0 liter engine and on pump gas (93 octane).

Stock 2.0 liter engine
Hiboost turbo kit at 16 psi on pump gas
3 inch exhaust and no cat converter
Boost controller

Nice, very nice. i will be getting in contact with you for a kit for my girlfriends fuzion

Last edited:
vindication said:
man, I need to get money to swap the mzr2.0 into the protege

that would be very nice! Someone needs to figure out a motor mount or see if it will work.

The 2.3L MZR would be nice too ;)

Bala de Plata said:
He pulled a little more than 500 hp out of the 2.3 (boom07) , there's a thread around here somewhere ....

Edit: Here - http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123626130

oh trust me i know... though that was with internals, and other work more then just a 3" catless exhuast and at a higher psi iirc... i just thought that the 16psi 330hp was more then the same psi on pump gas on the 2.3l....???

BC3I said:
is this an ATX 2.0L with all stock internals??

This is in the stock motor 2.0 with 5 speed transmission. This guy is going to be drag racing next weeknd so he broght it to me to squeeze a little more out of his engine.

tsunami said:
oh trust me i know... though that was with internals, and other work more then just a 3" catless exhuast and at a higher psi iirc... i just thought that the 16psi 330hp was more then the same psi on pump gas on the 2.3l....???

No...I'd be well over the 330hp with 16psi.

Great job again Juan!

So at 16psi this engine STOCK can handle all that? Stock internals? Stock exhaust with no cat right? Just amazing #s...no matter what. so at 16psi 330....what about 20 and 25psi? Any mathematical esimates?
HiBoost=too good

I hate having 2 cars wanting to buy...Mazda 3 and Cobalt 2.2L...both want to turbo.
Just might be able to get the cobalt at a way less price...rebates n incentives....I hate big decisions like this,haha...:)

That's awesome (thumb)...Imagine buying a used 2.0 3 and dropping in a HiBoost kit...Not bad BANG for the buck!

How much does the 2.0 kit go for?

How much does a used 2.0 3 go for?

330 whp is really great on pump gas... wow probably because the 2.0 has a lower compression so juan can really put the boost up... for our car we have higher compression... other words it ain't that bad. i think if memory serves me right juan got 2.3L up to 352 on 91 octane? hmmm imagine what it owuld be on 93

Back