Mazda 2 Coilovers & Camber Arms

UnZipHer15

:
Mazda 2, Miata, & P5
Looking at coilovers for the 2 and wanted to gather opinions on which brand to go with. I found about 8 different sets (3-4 in the US) I'd also like to know if anyone knows where to get a set of rear camber arms or if there is even a set in existence.

I believe i am set on H&R but i really like the camber plate the K-Sports have on the front, but have heard horror stories about K-Sport. let me know!

My humble advice to you:

Avoid any of the low-cost made in China options. You always get what you pay for with this kind of stuff. If you like the H&R setup, you can't go wrong. Also, I believe the Fiesta suspension fits the 2, so there may be more options out there for the Fiesta that you may have overlooked. The R2 package suspension is super nice but very pricy.

I may be terribly mistaken, but our cars have a "beam" between the rear wheels and there is no camber arm for the rear. And as other have said, stick with the name brand stuff for coilovers. I know K-Sport is a name that everyone knows, but everyone I know that has had them had problems within a year. If/when I go the coilover route, it will be with bilsteins or H&R.

A few folks here had positive results with the B-Spec suspension package which is based on Bilstein shocks rear, Bilstein struts up front and unknown springs (painted blue) or Eibach (red)?!?! in the 220-250 lbs in range. The second link below lists the 3 options from above. Rumor has it that the Ford Sport 300 buck suspension is our OEM one! If you road-test a Fiesta back to back with a 2 you would swear that it is true.

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_arti...da-and-mazda-to-release-b-segment-racers.aspx

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/2011-107-mazda2/b-spec-wannabe/

no camber solutions? whaattttt! that breaks my heart!

I agree, no china bulls***. stick what whats tried and true. Corksport (my backyard) backs H&R and stocks H&R. i think i've made my decision haha! thanks for all the input

I know for the old beam axle VW's you could get angled shims that basically tilt the axle upwards to get some camber. I'm not sure if the same thing is available for the Mazda2, but that would work.

The B-spec stuff looks amazing.

The B-Spec stuff is amazing but doesn't go low enough for my tastes. We should be able to shim the spindles the hub bolts to add camber in the rear.

Last edited:
well you're looking at someone who is going to have to try... the wheels i ordered will be the most aggressive setup to date on a 2 :)

Most aggressive wheel setup on a 2? Care to elaborate? Please tell me you aren't trying to join the "hellaflush" movement.

Hi Joker2,

The Bilstein springs are an electric blue. The red ones in the article may be Swift Racing springs. I'd love to know the rates used.

I noticed something else in the article, the bar described as a "rear sway bar" doesn't appear to actually be a sway bar. There doesn't seem to be any way it would increase rear roll stiffness. It actually looks like an attempt to keep the outside rear tire from deflecting in a corner.

Anyone know anything about that?

John

Last edited:
i don't think i'll be hellaflush but i love aggressive setups... none of that hellasunk high offset s*** for me. my fitment should be around where my Mz3 was... nice functional fitment with a slight tire stretch

Back