May 2018 Sales USA

Not you, Yrwie. You as in Mazda or whatever entity is doing the marketing.
Personally, if someone else posted exactly what I did, and I was curious how the 3 did, my first thought would be to click that link. I think I'm a decent poster when posting news articles. I actually do it for an Android news site. But there's always someone who doesn't click the link. [emoji39]
Anyway, let's move on.

I notice they did not mention the model year of the vehicles. I visited the dealer after seeing many 2016.5 and 2017's on their website. We purchased a 2018 and they still have a boat load of previous MY CX5's. Discounts and rebates helped me decide on the Mazda

Toyota Avalon is a favorite for my second car and guess what ? Its prices in XLE trim is same as used mazda 6 grand touring. Miles and year overlap. Roughly 19k usd for 16 model year with 40k miles. That's partly due to low sales of both cars. But desirability mazda specially the sexy drl trim is looking good. Long it may continue. For those who don't know- Toyota Avalon is the king of sedans in USA.

Mazda is on its way up. It will take time.
Many of my co-workers dislike Mazda for whatever reasons.
Mazda does not show up in their shopping list.
After riding in my Mazda6, they changed their perception of Mazda.

This takes time... 10 yrs maybe.

Mazda wasnt even on my radar even back in 2013. Then I drove it and was immediately sold.

For those who don't know- Toyota Avalon is the king of sedans in USA.

The Avalon is not even close to being in the top 10 in sales, let alone the king of sedans in the USA.
In fact, according to several database sales sites, the Mazda6 outsold the Avalon in the U.S. in 2017.

Either you were smoking some weird cigarettes when you posted this, or you meant to say the Camry was the #1 sedan.

Or Kaps meant the Avalon was the closet thing to a premium sedan that wasnt under a premium brand/label. Now the 6 Signature can fight for that title.

Or Kaps meant the Avalon was the closet thing to a premium sedan that wasn’t under a premium brand/label. Now the 6 Signature can fight for that title.

Probably no point in speculating what Kaps meant by his remark. I certainly have no idea.
We'll have to wait until he responds to clarify his post, I guess.

As an aside, I took a long look at the Avalon before I bought my 6.
I didn't think it was worth the extra money, plus I couldn't get past that awful gaping maw of a front end design.
I really can't stand what Toyota/Lexus have done with the front facia on their vehicles. They are butt ugly, and I doubt they'll stand the test of time.

Toyota Avalon is the king of sedans in USA.

Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio, fine hold the quad for my marriage and license..but each to their own right x;)

+1 for not getting past the ugly that is the new Avalon

Avalon has an amazing mix of resale, reliability and build quality-with a right amount of luxury. It has competitors like Taurus and Impala but they are so far behind its insulting to the Avalon. New one is hideous but the generation from 2013 is good looking. Interior is good too. Es300h and 350 have vastly superior interiors and a larger price tag but the balance that Avalon brings crowns it as a king of family sedans. Its a well kept secret.

Imagine a mazda 6 with actual NVH improvements that will last 300k miles and you get the Avalon. Only beef is 21/31 mpg.

Toyota Avalon is a favorite for my second car and guess what ? Its prices in XLE trim is same as used mazda 6 grand touring. Miles and year overlap. Roughly 19k usd for 16 model year with 40k miles. That's partly due to low sales of both cars. But desirability mazda specially the sexy drl trim is looking good. Long it may continue. For those who don't know- Toyota Avalon is the king of sedans in USA.

Uh....that would be the Camry. Toyota has the Avalon on the chopping block after this final redesign.

I really can't stand what Toyota/Lexus have done with the front facia on their vehicles. They are butt ugly, and I doubt they'll stand the test of time.

Agreed, stying is great if you drive your kids around on Halloween.

When tibimakai was asking “how the Miata is doing?” and I merely answered his question with my common sense without even looking the detailed sales figures. Ended up I was right on both models. Where did I make a big deal on the announcement?

AKA...you didn't actually answer his question.

Anyway, moving on, but it's standard fare for any news posted on any forum. Click the link..

Just looked up that Avalon, and my god what is up with that front grill?

On Toyota Camry - people are confusing sales numbers and reliability with Build Quality.
Build Quality does not only dictate that your controls / etc work well over 200-300K miles - but also the materials inside the cabin age gracefully and last longer.
Everything inside a camry is hard plastic - thankfully seats and center armrest are exceptions. It will be a creak fest by 150K miles. It does not age gracefully.
Same drivetrain is in Camry hybrid and Avalon Hybrid - Camry is a cabbie fav. in NYC etc. - but the Avalon will outlast it because its built to be better in every way possible.

Id like to be in here. Outside styling in 13 is not great though not as offensive as the 19.
2013-Toyota-Avalon-Limited-015.jpg

Right, so you guessed and just happened to be right. You didn't post the actual figures or anything, aka, you didn't actually answer his question.

Yrwei, I like you, but seriously in this case you and him are both guilty of "didn't read". Let's move on.

Last edited:
Back