Marcs_sp20's project SP20

Nice pics. I love this car! I was never really into hatchbacks until my wife got her first P5. They are such good looking cars and with a small amount of work are perfect imo. I wouldn't be surprised if one day I wind up running a KL P5 as a daily or gutting one for autocross. I'm definitely hooked!

<threadjack>
Here is the P5 that made me love them...
2011-06-19_20-38-39_757.jpg

2011-06-19_20-39-22_445.jpg

</threadjack>

Picked up a package from work this morning...woot! They can sit in the house for a while till A) It stops raining B) little one is settled in C) When I can farked ripping apart the interior of mine ;)

Some points to mention, I dont think the USDM Pro5's got the rear pull out armrest in the rear seats, and I'll have to make some holes to make them work in a RHD car, overall im happy, cheers Alex :D

IMG_7438.jpg

Along with the seat covers, I also have an STi Lip to go on (thanks again Ben for organising the GB :D) and a drivers side headlight lense (thanks Aaron :D) to replace my broken one, so when I pull apart the broken headlight, I'll crack open the other and give them a nice coat of BBBLLLAAACCKKK :D :D

After that, it'll be time for new tyres, im gonna throw the Mazda 6 Lux Sports 17's on, but dont know if I wanna get them painted or just leave them silver ;)

Update time, while Bub & wife have been sleeping, ive been pulling apart and putting back together the seats out of the car :p

Rear Seats:
59717_10151374929522886_1406003243_n.jpg

Fronts all done with scooby lip to be installed yet:
856594_10151377004002886_580986624_o.jpg

Fronts in:
859435_10151379997422886_779113552_o.jpg

havent driven the car yet, but got my driving position all set up, they are definitely nicer to sit on ;)

Subaru lip should hopefully go on during the end of this week pending weather, and then after that I will grab another can of plastidip and spray some more parts black.:D

You guys get a rear armrest???? Wish we could of got that out here .. I like the look of the covers make it look neat :) . Does the back of the seat get covered too or is it one of those that only cover the front side of the seats?

Yeah, the covers include the rear seat fabric, in which i have 2 4x2" holes in the carpet as you guys got the extra tie downs on the back of the seat, simething we didnt get here! Ah well, i'll screw my amp over the top of the left hand side hole, and the sub box covers the right hand side ;)

Yeah, the covers include the rear seat fabric, in which i have 2 4x2" holes in the carpet as you guys got the extra tie downs on the back of the seat, simething we didnt get here! Ah well, i'll screw my amp over the top of the left hand side hole, and the sub box covers the right hand side ;)

Oic looks good. Did the leather trims for the centre arm rest, the hand brake and shift boot come with the seat covers, or did you get it all separately ?

Looks really good, Marc. And you deserve a Fosters for wrestling with all those covers. (cheers)

Looks really good, Marc. And you deserve a Fosters for wrestling with all those covers. (cheers)

Fosters, yuck! :p Its either XXXX Gold or Bundaberg Rum in this household, no crappy beer :p

Covers Look good. Any pics of the arm rest folded down?

On the original covers? Cause the leather covers didnt have the cut out for the armrest, and would be too much buggering around with upholsterer to get one put in, not that I use the back seat hahaha

Sorry man, I don't know anything about beer. Haha. I should've said "You deserve a beverage of your choice!". I sold some Katskins covers from one of my P5's and it was a struggle just to get them off, I can only imagine how much of a pita it was to get them on.

So, this morning tyres fitted & balanced to the Lux Sport wheels, and fitted them this arvo, along with a good hour of different driving styles (twisties, hard braking, highway & urban driving), and im impressed with these cheap tyres! Compared to the MPS wheels, the car feels a lot more balanced, a lot less bumpier, which is what I wanted :)

They are Rotalla F105, similiar tread pattern to the Yokohama Advan, and about a 5th of the price :p I did read up on them before hitting buy, and after my little drive, they are good for the money spent. This is the tread pattern:

2414_2.jpg

For peeps that didnt see my photos on the facebook group, I took some proper photos (excuse the dirty as fark car - our driveway is muddy as all hell still :()

IMG_783SP20 with Mazda 6 Lux Sports 17's6 by Marc.G.Photography, on Flickr

SP20 with Mazda 6 Lux Sports 17's by Marc.G.Photography, on Flickr

And an arty one haha :p

SP20 with Mazda 6 Lux Sports 17's by Marc.G.Photography, on Flickr

I ahd posted this question on your pic on the group but I will ask here, did you have to use spacers, and if so what size? I was looking to get these wheels one time and stopped but might start back the hunt for them. Thanks

Fosters, yuck! :p Its either XXXX Gold or Bundaberg Rum in this household, no crappy beer :p

On the original covers? Cause the leather covers didnt have the cut out for the armrest, and would be too much buggering around with upholsterer to get one put in, not that I use the back seat hahaha

Heh. "Fosters... the s*** we make and then send off to dumb Americans who don't know any better."
-a quote from an old Aussie I worked with in China.

Heh. "Fosters... the s*** we make and then send off to dumb Americans who don't know any better."
-a quote from an old Aussie I worked with in China.

Bahahaha, love it :p

So, I was sick of getting pestered by Ben & Bec, that this afternoon I finally somewhat installed the subaru lip thats been sitting in the shed for a couple weeks. Big PITA to get straight, will need to reinforce with a couple more scews tomorrow.

Subaru Lip on SP20 by Marc.G.Photography, on Flickr

Back