Map Updates for Nav system

What's the story on this?
Is it a better version?

E definitely has map updates compared to C (the only other version I've tried). Local roads in newer subdivisions in my area are way better filled in. It also added Alaska and Hawaii (which I'm pretty sure weren't there in C).

I didn't notice any obvious software changes; not to say there were any - but nothing jumped out at me.

I haven't gone looking at POI details to see what's different (and don't specifically recall issues from C to look at); but if the maps are updated then there are probably some POI updates as well.

-Jeff

E definitely has map updates compared to C (the only other version I've tried). Local roads in newer subdivisions in my area are way better filled in. It also added Alaska and Hawaii (which I'm pretty sure weren't there in C).

I didn't notice any obvious software changes; not to say there were any - but nothing jumped out at me.

I haven't gone looking at POI details to see what's different (and don't specifically recall issues from C to look at); but if the maps are updated then there are probably some POI updates as well.

-Jeff

Hawaii is definately in my Rev D...

Map Update

FiveG... The most current map update will say on the disc 2008 with 2007 maps. In talking to Mazda just this week there supposed to release a new version by the end of January that we will be able to purchase online. I've noticed several major grocery stores not listed on the current version which I find very strange and like several others I'm not happy with the system greying out features once you start moving preventing you or the passanger from inputing another destination? I am however working on a solution for this and will post once I figure it out. NW (cool)

FiveG... The most current map update will say on the disc 2008 with 2007 maps. In talking to Mazda just this week there supposed to release a new version by the end of January that we will be able to purchase online. I've noticed several major grocery stores not listed on the current version which I find very strange and like several others I'm not happy with the system greying out features once you start moving preventing you or the passanger from inputing another destination? I am however working on a solution for this and will post once I figure it out. NW (cool)

Yeah, I have the Rev E and none of the local costco's are in it for some reason.

Keep us posting on eliminating the grey out. That would be nice.

Version "D" is seriously messed up. It has me taking backroads instead of the highway when the highway is the shortest/quickest way. Then it tells me to take U turns and go up on ramps on the other side of the road.

It's messed up...

Last edited:
If anyone wants to eliminate the grey-out (above >5mph),
read this thread.
It involves inserting a switch between OE VSS (vehicle speed sensor) input to NAVI with a DIY Speed Pulse Cheater. (the circuit design, etc are all included). This is only for people who can deal with electronics.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/110944-diy-all-nav-functions-all-time/

I plan to do it when I have time. The grey-out is not so-much an issue for me YET.

Tundra? You said.
Yes, both use NAVI system from DENSO (used in Toyota/Lexus and Mazda).

If anyone wants to eliminate the grey-out (above >5mph),
read this thread.
It involves inserting a switch between OE VSS (vehicle speed sensor) input to NAVI with a DIY Speed Pulse Cheater. (the circuit design, etc are all included). This is only for people who can deal with electronics.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/110944-diy-all-nav-functions-all-time/

I plan to do it when I have time. The grey-out is not so-much an issue for me YET.

Tundra? You said.
Yes, both use NAVI system from DENSO (used in Toyota/Lexus and Mazda).

Good catch Ceric, thanks. The grey out is a BIG issue for me, this will be one of my weekend projects.

Can someone PLEASE, PLEASE, send me the link too, as where I can download the latest DVD Map. I can't believed that I got the last 2008 model last week with version A map AARRGGGGGGG. email me the link at ab040501@yahoo.com your help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

My GT has GP9A 66 DZ0 E (K4238) i am not sure this is the latest version...

I just bought a 2009 CX-9, and I'm trying to figure out if I got the newest maps, or got screwed.

On the Disc:
GS3M 66 DZ0 A
K4238

On the map verision screen:
V 05.07.11
2007 ver 2

At first look I thought I was 4 revisions behind. Then I noticed mine was "GS3M" and the ones mentioned here are all "GP9A." Is it possible this is Rev. A of a whole new generation, or did I get a completely wrong disc?

I had the same reaction when I first got my 09 and the parts department at the dealership checked and said an updated version was supposed to come out in late January and that they had placed an order for me to receive it ~ I just checked with the dealership and was told that it's not out yet!

Last edited:
I had the same reaction when I first got my 09 and the parts department at the dealership checked and said an updated version was supposed to come out in late January and that they had placed an order for me to receive it ~ I just checked with the dealership and was told that it's not out yet!

The 2009's use a different generation navigation system, you have 2 disks that arent backward compatible with the 07-08, but the 07-08 disc will work to some degree in the 09, don't know if you will get all features though.

I will have a version D for sale soon. I wanna know first who is interested then I will post infos and pix. I'm selling it cuz I upgraded.

I still haven't found a gps that doesn't take me in circles before getting me to a destination. So I'm still not ready to have one in the car that costs hundreds just to update with outdated information.

When they can make them work, I will reconsider. What they really need is real time updating, to a common database for all devices. Maybe something like Wikipedia where users can correct and add info. Pull into your garage, the car logs onto your wireless network, and updates it's maps and POIs. Or has a USB interface at least.

Until then I can read a map.

Same reason we still burn coal and gas to make electricity, drive polluting cars instead of fuel cell vehicles, and have to treat symptoms with drugs rather than just be cured and healthy....$$$$$$$

"poot"---(ricer)

Back