Map Updates for Nav system

Has anyone had any luck finding and/or getting the newest "D" version? I don't see any replies to all the requests...

Has anyone had any luck finding and/or getting the newest "D" version? I don't see any replies to all the requests...

Only the original post from the person with the "D" version, never to be heard from again to date. Maybe it was a crude hoax just to obtain e-mail addresses of us forum folks (LOL).

My new CX-9 came with the Rev D. DVD label reads Mazda Part No. GP9A 66 DZ0 D (K4238). Made and ISO image and burned just fine to a double-layer DVD.

I can post to an FTP site, but not sure Mazda or Denso would appreciate that that. Drop me an email. howardru4u@yahoo.com

Custom POI's for Factory Nav ?

At www.POIfriend.com you can download various files for custom POI's. In my case, I have a file of all the Tim Horton's coffee shops across Canada... (can't live without my Tim's). After market Nav's like Tomtom, Magellan, etc have an upload feature for custom POI's using an SD card or cable.

My question is, is there a way to upload the csv file that is now on my PC to the Mazda factory Nav ? I could burn the file to a CD or DVD but there doesn't appear to be an upload function on the factory Nav s/w interface.

Anybody heard of this functionality ?
When I need an extra-large Double/Double, I'd rather not go searching...

Thanks,

Custom POI's for Factory Nav ?

At www.POIfriend.com you can download various files for custom POI's. In my case, I have a file of all the Tim Horton's coffee shops across Canada... (can't live without my Tim's). After market Nav's like Tomtom, Magellan, etc have an upload feature for custom POI's using an SD card or cable.

My question is, is there a way to upload the csv file that is now on my PC to the Mazda factory Nav ? I could burn the file to a CD or DVD but there doesn't appear to be an upload function on the factory Nav s/w interface.

Anybody heard of this functionality ?
When I need an extra-large Double/Double, I'd rather not go searching...

Thanks,

The Nav system in the CX-9 is about as lame as a GPS system that you can buy. No such capabilities are available with the built-in Denso system.

Last edited:
SeCX-9, I agree re: lameness.... I would have expected this from GM/Chrysler

Too bad, because with the iPod adapter interface it shouldn't be hard to design an interface to the Nav. A guy could download custom POI's onto his iPod, then upload them via the cable interface.

Oh well, I'll have to resort to blood hounds to find my Tim Horton's.

Google 411 fills in the gaps for the lame GPS POI database

Here's a great tip I posted on another board to easily find POI that are not in the GPS system.

It's for using the hands-free Bluetooth and Google Search.

Use the CX-9s built-in address book and add Google to your address book. Program in the free directory assistance Google 411 phone number 1-800-466-4411. Now you can do a GOOGLE Search while driving your car, hands-free!

Now youll be able to use the voice CX-9s voice recognition system to dial the Google 411 voice recognition directory assistance and search by business name or category (food, gas station, movie theatre, CVS, Tim Horton's etc).

The system will verbally list the top listings with address, connect you automatically to the business, and even send you an SMS text message to your phone if you say Text Message.

This is an easy way to find those Points of Interest that the built-in GPS navigation system doesn't have.

All for free without any directory assistance 411 or operated-assisted wireless carrier fees!

I called Mazda today and they told me that customers can no longer get the updates from Mazda and they have to go through the dealers. They made it sound like it's free when in reality you have to simply order the latest DVD which is 250 bucks. If anyone has an iso let me know :)

When you say Mazda, are you referring to online? I checked with my dealer last month and they didn't know..
They mean Mazda as in Mazda USA.
Mazda obviously wouldn't distribute parts direct on their website, even though we are talking about a software that technically could easily be made available for download distribution. But unfortunately, it's considered a part# for sale through the shop, not a software update. And more unfortunate is the fact that the dealership parts/service people are ignorant of it's existence and any other nav/av feature for our vehicles besides the ipod adapter.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind paying a fee for the latest years maps and software. Garmin's is a reasonable $65. Although our nav's are integrated, they are not user friendly, can't load poi's via usb/sd, and frankly not worth $250 (you could by a nice Garmin unit at that cost) for a software update...Even if your car is still under warranty! imo that should be a service or serviceable part. Not the black hole of a Mazda dealership.

/rant

Last edited:
If anyone has the newer version of the disc, do we have anyone in the community that is familiar with putting together a torrent download? I mean it isn't that bad to put that guy into an iso file and then make sure you burn it on a dual layer dvd.

-Dorkfish

If anyone has the newer version of the disc, do we have anyone in the community that is familiar with putting together a torrent download? I mean it isn't that bad to put that guy into an iso file and then make sure you burn it on a dual layer dvd.

-Dorkfish

Great idea!

Back