MAM Install pics (UPDATED) 90% done!

did you drive up there just to help them install?
LinuxRacr said:
Damn that was a long drive. I just got back to Dallas about 20 minutes ago. Yeah, it was busy as hell yesterday. My leg still is cramped from all that damn soldering, and other s***. You don't see me in the pictures because I was behind the camera. ;) Sorry I couldn't stay to help you tune. Have fun guys, and be careful!

Yea, linux helped :D

I am here at Ryan's work tuning. Unfortunately, the stupid A/C fan rubbed comprimised a vaccumm line that had got untightened. We are fitting the bumper back on and have a long way to go for tuning. The car feels good in second gear, and I have some MAD turket action going on! I also can't believe the amount of HEAT generated. The car is running pretty good when NOT in boost, and we are doing quite a bit of tweaking with the wideband O2. I'm sure we'll be tuning all night. Unfortunately, i didn't bring a power invertor, so we're also charging my laptop at this time >:eek:

We wil keep you updated.

Also- as of now, we have no codes. Its been 26 miles, no pending cat codes, no pending P0401 code (Im sure that one will come back... :( )

:D ttyl yall

you might be able to get by with leaving the fans on, but only if you assembled the turbo/wastegate/manifold/downpipe in the bay AFTER bolting the mani to the engine.

Clearance is fine afterwards. Heatshield is perfect! Fans are easy to remove and put back. You can ask ryan what he thinks but i think installing it this way is easier. For putting the fans back in the clearance is not really an issue, and it gives you more room to work with. unbolting the support on the top passenger side of the radiator also helps ALOT! when you put the fans back, make sure to put the pegs in the holes at the bottom. (no bolts there)

actually, remembering we installed ours all in one PIECE. you will NOT need to move fans if you assemble it differently...

remember, my kit was kind of a hybrid of sorts. Things that I had to do, others will NOT have to do, thus the purpose of me getting the kit and giving Beau feedback :D

Back