2017~2024 Major Oil Leak after Dealer replaced Valve Cover…Help and/or Follow Along

Respectfully I am responding to your off topic response as you are a moderator.

IMHO (In My Humbel Opinion) Here is something you seldom read on forums, it is funny that there are always members that complain how bad a dealership was to them, but even on forums I have to say and even this forum it is nothing compared to how so many people are rude, demanding, and as if entitled because they purchased a vehicle how badly, they overall treat employees of dealerships after the sale. The next in line are walk in auto part retailers, and then independent chain automotive service centers.

IMHO (In My Humbel Opinion)The reason for me personally requestion and looking at service write ups is that you can see many times what was written down and often either missed or misunderstood by the customer that signed them. Knowing and reading that service writers information can often times help a member to better resolve questions and concerns rather than sticking pin in a Voodoo doll representing the dealership of service shop or having forum member assume thing based on really limited or one sided information.

As in my previous post, this forum is not for checking receipts.

My response was not off topic. My posts in this thread have either been in response to someone posting on topic, or posting about member conduct and issuing warnings that seem to be ignored..

I understand the point you're trying to make, but keep in mind that it is easy to request a member's recent service writeup without using a tone or language that implies that they are at fault.

Also keep in mind that while you can respectfully request something, it is up to them to oblige. They don't owe you anything. If they refuse, it is best to just move on.

@Tribe&TrueRacin, please exit this thread.

Again, back on topic folks.

Okay, my last post on this topic/thread. I put the vehicle up on my quick jack and took all the under engine plastic off. I was nicely surprised at how clean (oil free) the engine was. It was not perfect, but it didn’t take me very long to clean up a few hard to reach/access spots. I did notice a few of the plastic push pins were damaged when they removed and reinstalled the panels for cleaning, but since I have extras it wasn’t a big deal (and yes, I am that picky/observant, lol).

After cleaning and verifying as best as I could that there were no leaks, I did the oil & filter change. I also collected an oil sample that I”ll send to Blackstone.

Truthfully, I”ll be happy to move on from this experience. I thank all for the comments and insight…👍🏻👍🏻

Okay, my last post on this topic/thread. I put the vehicle up on my quick jack and took all the under engine plastic off. I was nicely surprised at how clean (oil free) the engine was. It was not perfect, but it didn’t take me very long to clean up a few hard to reach/access spots. I did notice a few of the plastic push pins were damaged when they removed and reinstalled the panels for cleaning, but since I have extras it wasn’t a big deal (and yes, I am that picky/observant, lol).

After cleaning and verifying as best as I could that there were no leaks, I did the oil & filter change. I also collected an oil sample that I”ll send to Blackstone.

Truthfully, I”ll be happy to move on from this experience. I thank all for the comments and insight…👍🏻👍🏻
I worked at a dealership a few decades ago and I'm the same, always scrutinizing the work done. I had a transmission replaced on my '14 CX5 and went under to check if all the pushpins were there in the plastic panels of all things! I feel it shows attention to detail from the mechanic. Never the less, the total work done was flawless for such a big job, something I appreciate greatly. Glad things worked out for you. Enjoy the car.

Back