Madison, Wisconsin MP3s.....

trobbins said:
Hey guys,
My name is Tim. I had a blue MP3 and I live in Lodi and work in Middleton. I recently traded it in on a new Toyota Tacoma. I was usually around the West side of madison. Another guy on this board, Doomer_mp3, has a blue one also. We actually lived in the same apartment complex on the west side before I moved to Lodi. My MP3 sat in the back lot of John Lancaster Toyota for about 2 weeks and it has since dissappeared. It never went up for sale so they must have wholesaled it. It had 38,000 miles and I got 10,500.

I usually see a Yellow mp3 in the bestbuy parking lot on the west side, I assume whoever it is works there or is always at bestbuy.

Later
Tim
The Yellow one at Best Buy is mine. I work there;

hey madison people, i don't have a fast car but my silver p5 is in madison just about every weekend near state street, scrapping down driveways and such.

later.

dosle said:
hey madison people, i don't have a fast car but my silver p5 is in madison just about every weekend near state street, scrapping down driveways and such.

later.

You and everyone else should come out and do the MSCC auto-x at Geneva Lakes Greyhound Track on June 27th... a lot of fun, and the cars do really well. It'll also be my inaugural event on race tires. So I'm looking forward to it! And my car will likely be tuned all the way in for the first time ever! (I'm hoping!)

But... anyway.. you don't need a fast car! (not for racing or for meeting up with any of us).

GoBucky.. that's nuts that you got rear ended while talking to someone like that... Definitely wasn't any of my brothers... besides 3 out of the 4 all drive Mazda's now! I've only gone on E. Wash once and have no interest really in doing it again. Everyone is out looking to race and carry their ego and be a dick, seemed like no one was actually interested in nice cars and appreciation. But oh well! Not to mention I could teach a monkey to drive in a straight line 1/4... no offense to the drag racing fans, but I'm definitley more Solo I and Solo II oriented! Although a couple of my friends that all race together are talking about going to one of the drag strips just for fun one night and getting our times.

But seriously, you guys all should come out and do at least one of the Auto-x's. One of the guys on here that bought some parts off me started racing with me and we talk and race all the time. Which turned out to be pretty cool!

If you want more details let me know!

Later.

Steve

gobucky_31 said:
The Yellow one at Best Buy is mine. I work there;
Too bad I just bough 50 bucks worth of stereo install crap (from Best Buy) for putting my extra deck in my Blazer ;). Still drives me nuts that you guys charge like 11 bucks for the 97 cent antenna adapter! And then 16 for the mounting plate and another 16 for the wiring harness... but oh well! Such is life. LOL

turfburn, a user named madhatter or something like that told me about the lake geneva dog track Auto-X last month... didn't make it but i will be at the next one to watch, maybe sometime i will give it a try.

TurfBurn said:
Too bad I just bough 50 bucks worth of stereo install crap (from Best Buy) for putting my extra deck in my Blazer ;). Still drives me nuts that you guys charge like 11 bucks for the 97 cent antenna adapter! And then 16 for the mounting plate and another 16 for the wiring harness... but oh well! Such is life. LOL
Yeah, its too bad I dont get to set the prices on that stuff. Some of it is ridiculous, but not for me because I work there.:D

dosle said:
turfburn, a user named madhatter or something like that told me about the lake geneva dog track Auto-X last month... didn't make it but i will be at the next one to watch, maybe sometime i will give it a try.
It's really addictive and really fun... Yeah madhatter is who I got addicted to it :) he hangs out with us, drives with us etc. Great guy too! But you should come out... there is a good bunch of us and we are laid back, fun, and happy to help too!

A number of my friends used to work for Best Buy, so I know the prices and have experienced the employee discount (shhh dont' tell anyone LOL... )

Maybe in a few weeks when my race schedule lightens up we'll have to organize a nice little meet or something. Meet out at the abandoned K grocery store across from Home Depot on Midvale. Then we could check out the cars, and then go for a drive or whatever the hell... hopefully I don't wreck out my car this weekend when I'm doing 100+ on a track!

cool cool, i hope i wont forget about the auto-x hehe. its about 15mins away from my house.

Yeah me, I mentioned the geneva auto-x.

BTW Dosle, is that your video clip I have of the new header install? Whoever's it was it sounds pretty good!

Hope some of you can make it to the event at Lake Geneva, hopefully I will have my pro-kit installed by then, with the help of Turfburn. $30 for non-members, is pretty cheap for the most fun you can have in your car!!

Mad Hatter said:
Yeah me, I mentioned the geneva auto-x.

BTW Dosle, is that your video clip I have of the new header install? Whoever's it was it sounds pretty good!

Hope some of you can make it to the event at Lake Geneva, hopefully I will have my pro-kit installed by then, with the help of Turfburn. $30 for non-members, is pretty cheap for the most fun you can have in your car!!
yep thats my car, it sounds even better now, ken (from protegegarage.com) and i just installed my new K&N typhoon intake.

yea i am looking forward to the auto x then.

dosle said:
yep thats my car, it sounds even better now, ken (from protegegarage.com) and i just installed my new K&N typhoon intake.

yea i am looking forward to the auto x then.

I have one as well, don't they sound mean!!

Ken, as in the Captain?

Mad Hatter said:
I have one as well, don't they sound mean!!

Ken, as in the Captain?
Ken is THE Captain!

haha yea, love this intake, going to get my underdrive pulley soon.

dosle said:
Ken is THE Captain!

haha yea, love this intake, going to get my underdrive pulley soon.

I was going to order my pro-kit through him but ended up finding them for $20 cheaper. That was after he gave me a discounted price. He seems like a really good guy, I thnk I'm going to get my header through him though.

So it looks like you and I will be running in the same class if you make it out to the event. Just what I needed, more competition. This will be my first race in the performance class. The springs bump me up.

Mad Hatter said:
I was going to order my pro-kit through him but ended up finding them for $20 cheaper. That was after he gave me a discounted price. He seems like a really good guy, I thnk I'm going to get my header through him though.

So it looks like you and I will be running in the same class if you make it out to the event. Just what I needed, more competition. This will be my first race in the performance class. The springs bump me up.
i've never done auto-x, so maybe i could ride wiht you or something on a run to see what its like...

dosle said:
i've never done auto-x, so maybe i could ride wiht you or something on a run to see what its like...

You can ride with me all day if you don't want to run. But I do suggest catching a ride or 2 with turfburn in the spoolin mp3!! A lot of times we ride with eachother if it's possible. I'll jump in with him for his run, then we run to my car to get my run in, and so on, and so on. You'll find your best times of the day are when you have someone riding with you. Believe me, this is the MOST fun you can have with your car. You get to see the cars limitations, and you get to become a better, more responsive driver. Don't worry about being inexpirenced. This will only be my 4th race.

Last edited:
I graduated from UW-Madison at 2002. I remembered seeing a Blue Mp3 parked at the capitol parking structure with my fiance (eating at State st.-Takara). She asked me what it was and I told her that it was probably some rich kid who modded a protege (no offense, didn't know much about mazda back then ^_^). Who would have thought that I would end up with a similar looking car.

Turbo MP3 said:
I have a blue mp3 in Fond du Lac, WI...
psshhh Fond du Lac! You might as well say you are from Minnesota or something! :) Kidding. Turboed though eh? What you have on it?

Is anyone going to the June 27th autocross in Milwaukee? Steve I know that you were at a few this year.

We should try to get a bunch of Mazdas to go to an event.

Later, Bryan

Back