Lowering Options for the MSP

Plus if someone is going to go and do struts and spring front and rear the cheaper coilovers are just a tad bit more! That is actually how I ended up with these coilovers in the first place.

Plus if someone is going to go and do struts and spring front and rear the cheaper coilovers are just a tad bit more! That is actually how I ended up with these coilovers in the first place.

^Exactly!

Only reason I have my setup is because I got my Illuminas on the low! $220 shipped. (lol2)

This thread is open for ALL lowering options -- springs, coilovers, whatever. It's a complete collection of every single way you can choose to lower your MSP. :)

Mazdaspeed2oo35, I undeleted your post for you because it definitely applies!

Updating to put my pics in the first post now!

rush how much did you pay for the ground control sleeves???

and whats with everyone and there 18s???.. juss sayin

We need Zuku to post his Yellow Speed Coilovers, they look great and he has had some good things to say about it

I thought I did?? Let me upload the pics I took from my phone. I'll get proper pics in a bit. I wanted to let the setup settle and get the alignment as well as install the endlinks and sways, which is all done now. I love the YellowSpeed set-up.

Here you go
They have settled a bit since these pics were taken so I think I'm about an inch lower
These are at about 1/2 way and before The alignment, endlink and swaybars install, and also before I tossed on the front spacers!!

Attachments

• spicy with Yellowspeed coilovers5.JPG
    spicy with Yellowspeed coilovers5.JPG
    622.8 KB · Views: 336
  • spicy with YellowSpeed Coilovers4.JPG
    spicy with YellowSpeed Coilovers4.JPG
    600.9 KB · Views: 282
  • spicy with YellowSpeed Coilovers3.JPG
    spicy with YellowSpeed Coilovers3.JPG
    713.8 KB · Views: 299
  • Spicy with YellowSpeed coilovers 2.JPG
    Spicy with YellowSpeed coilovers 2.JPG
    634.9 KB · Views: 286
  • Spicy with YellowSpeed coilovers.JPG
    Spicy with YellowSpeed coilovers.JPG
    814.8 KB · Views: 307
I thought I did?? Let me upload the pics I took from my phone. I'll get proper pics in a bit. I wanted to let the setup settle and get the alignment as well as install the endlinks and sways, which is all done now. I love the YellowSpeed set-up.

You did bro, the post above this one has them. I was just wondering if you could put them in this sticky because this may be a great option for people

Here is my contribution seeing as it's not on here. It's not an MSP, but close enough; an MP3 with Mazdaspeed Aspec struts and Bspec springs. I'll see if I can get more level pictures to get a better idea, but it's what I have for now:

EliteMazdaShot.jpg

CopyofIMG_1488.jpg

CopyofCopyofMP3driving.jpg

So whats the best bang for your buck? I'm not trying to go much lower than 1.5" and I'm really not trying to spend much more than $200 for springs

Look for used springs then see what they look like on a MSP. You should be able to find them for $200.

Ok I'll start looking around, anybody have any input of what I should look for in particular?

Ok, instead of opening new thread I'm asking here since most have experience on the subject.

I'm looking for coil overs and the choices are clear BC, KW, TEIN, JIG MAGIC, thing is there are mix feelings on these ones so any one wanna give some input on their experience/knowledge regarding available coil overs ?

MSP will be street car for most of its part, maybe some track time later so coil overs will come in handy at switching over.

Any suggestion/discussion .....

Don't mean to open up a thread that hasn't been commented in in a while, but I decided on a set of Tein H Techs, they've been installed for a couple of months and it seems like the rear is actually higher than the stock springs? I mean the front looks nice, but the backs kinda suck.. Is this normal? I thought after I first installed them they would settle but they didn't!

this is because the stock MSP rear struts have the lower spring perch raised... a little browsing in this thread would have revealed this info you you.

I did look around, but didn't really know what that meant, I'm not the most mechanically inclined person lol.. so pretty much if I put my stock rears on I sit lower than with my tein's?

Ohhhhh got ya.. Hmm Ive heard ppl mentioning that they cut their Tein's.. Won't that kinda mess up the whole design? Like screw up the structural integrity??

Back