Lowered on MazdaSpeed Springs/Dampers

ZooMIN3

:
Whip:01 Ford Focus;08 Black Mica MS3GT
Well, I got my Speed3 back! finally! lol
One thing though, those buffoons scratched it....its a little knick on the driver side passenger door. I'll have to get some touch up paint, and it'll be good to go. I'm surprised I'm not as pissed off as I should be. It's one of those, eh oh well. I'll get it fixed. I'll see if they can offer some free touch up paint. :)

Without further adue; here are the pics as promised. It's kinda dark out, but yeah, I'll take more pics later tomorrow when its bright and sunny!

DSCF3010.jpg

DSCF3014.jpg

DSCF3011.jpg

DSCF3012.jpg

DSCF3013.jpg

The ride is almost just like stock. I was very surpised. I was expecting it to bounce all over the place! lol Its a nice ride, and I love it!

-J

Nice! what dealer did you take it to?

John Hine; I got the parts from them as well.

Sport Spring Kit w/camber links
Sport Dampers

400.00 total with alignment.

they installed LoJack and my Homelink mirror, but those install prices were included in the purchase.

-J

John Hine; I got the parts from them as well.

Sport Spring Kit w/camber links
Sport Dampers

400.00 total with alignment.

-J

Are you sure those dampers are for the MS3? I thought they were only for the regular 3. No websites that offer Mazdaspeed parts have the dampers for sale when you select Mazdaspeed3. $400 total is an AMAZING price btw, the spring/camber kit alone costs more than $400.

I've heard from others (like Swampass) that the MS springs are progressive, while the stockers are linear. This give the MS springs the same typical feel as the stockers, until you start reaching into the spring's stiffer part. A great idea, IMO.

I've heard from others (like Swampass) that the MS springs are progressive, while the stockers are linear. This give the MS springs the same typical feel as the stockers, until you start reaching into the spring's stiffer part. A great idea, IMO.

You mean the MS Dampers in the place I bolded in your quote, correct? Man that just makes his price even better! Those dampers show as $150 on the mazdaspeed accessories page! I wonder who he had to (bj) for a price like that! (lol2)

MS3 sport springs

Just installed the MS3 Sport springs - lowered the car about 1/2 inch (or 15mm) and not very noticible in the every day driving (which is nice). But pushed hard in the corners it seems to handle a little better - again - nice. I will give a better review in a few days.

As for the install, couple of issues. Front - if you use the reverse bolt method with a screw driver to loosen the bottom clamp - make sure you use a C clamp to close it again before you try to tread the bolt back - it might not line up correctly at the opened angle. As for the rear - it took me almost 40 minutes to reinstall the 3 little screws that hold the vabor canister - what a pain.

To my knowledge - Mazda does not make a MS3 specific damper (shock kit) - full coilover or just the sport springs. I would sure like to see the part numbers for those dampers? Actually, wish they told me about them when I ordered my sport springs - if i have to take the fronts off again - I'm going to kill someone.

Cheers!

Peter

Back