Lower Idle & Electrical Problem After CAI Install

JarossicPark

:
2004 Mazda3 Hatchback
Hi I just installed my AEM cold air intake and I have a couple of minor problems...

-One is I believe my dashboard lights are a lot dimmer than they were and the headlights are kind of flickering (they sort of did that before when I pressed the gas but it seems worse now).

-Also the idle isn't quite right, seems to be idling a couple 100 rpms too low. My guess would be the connection with the breather hose, the connection didn't seem right and also doesn't look right. Here are a couple of pictures of what I'm talking about.

CAI12of2.jpg

CAI11of2.jpg

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Take back apart the MAF sensor and make sure there isn't any debris or dirt or dust on it, For the PVC valve, take back apart and make sure everything is tight and snug.

I actually think I was being paranoid, today after some driving it was idling right around 600 rpm which I believe is where it should be and as for the lights I feel stupid because since I disconnected the battery the dashboard went back to the original settings so all I had to do was press the button above the speedo.

Back