Loud Exhaust Warning in Illinois?

guess what guys -- there is a statewide law that states changing exhaust is illegal. i cant be bothered to look it up, but it's more or less a "ticket if cop has a bad day" law. it would be nearly impossible for them to enforce the law, and there are several loopholes.

also, if you DO get ticketed for it, the ticket will state what part of illinios law you violated.

Lord_Zath said:
That was a bill going before the state legislature, but I thought it was shot down...

different bill. trust me on this, it is already illegal to have exhaust. it's just a super old law that no one enforces anymore.

damnit, and I'm moving to IL and I have an aftermarket exhaust, what if I say it was on there when I bought the car?

sXe said:
damnit, and I'm moving to IL and I have an aftermarket exhaust, what if I say it was on there when I bought the car?

you'll be fine. i run catless and have never been ticketed. where in IL are you moving to?

I hope it's not too bad, and once I get settled in I hope to be able to attend some meets, if I can convince the school to let me have my car there

y parents live there
they have some decent bars and a good semi pro football team
Im 2 hrs away so i get up there avery couple of weekends

nice, my sunlight silver makes it down to bradley every once in a while...

p.s. catless and front liscenseplateless for 5 months.

ive never had a front plate on any car ive owned and i dont plan on it anytime soon either. *knock on wood*

Once againwith my luck I would get pulled over for my loud muffler, (soon to add) illegal tint, I think I may have illegal lights too (not sure) and for having a radar detector present. Got to love it. Ooh and I also have a concealed blade in the center console.

Back