Loud Exhaust Warning in Illinois?

if its under 2 inches it doesnt matter. Last time I checked any blade over 2 inches in Illinois is illegal to carry... but I don't remember when the hell that was. So the bayonet i have in my room is probably not too legal..

The cops have to have a reason to search your car first of all. So don't carry any controlled substances, and you'll be fine. They can't ticket you for having a radar detector, but the presence of one might make cops think twice about giving you a warning for speeding. Mattman did get a ticket for his white turn signals, I think...

Familia323 said:
if its under 2 inches it doesnt matter. Last time I checked any blade over 2 inches in Illinois is illegal to carry... but I don't remember when the hell that was. So the bayonet i have in my room is probably not too legal..

Yeah I think I am safe then. And I heard also Zath that you can get a ticket for having a radar detector in your vehicle in the state of Illinois. I think my brother's friend's dad is a cop and he told them that. Who know's though. MAybe he said it so that we can think twice about speeding or something. I don't know. But what I like about my radar is that it tells me when emergency vehicles are coming when my music is blasting... (confused)

you're probably thinking of a radar jammer. detectors are illegal in two states - virginia and (i forget - california?)

Lord_Zath said:
you're probably thinking of a radar jammer. detectors are illegal in two states - virginia and (i forget - california?)

That is what I said. Maybe my brother got confused though. (screwy) Yeah I think it is Virgina and in Washington D.C?

you cant get a ticket for a radar detector in illinois. it is completely legal and there isnt anything the cops can do about you having it.

btw, mattman got a ticket for having blue bulbs. i had blue turn signals on my p5 for the first 2 months that i owned it, but then i got pulle dover (around the lakehurst circle) and the cop gave me a warning but said that if i got stopped again, it would be $75 per bulb. so after quickly doing the math (6 blue bulbs X $75) i changed them out to hyper white leds the next day.

lol jose usin' them math skillz, solvin' fo x.

I couldn't remember what color Mattman's were - just that they were damn bright!

thought i'd share my loud exhaust ticket with everyone. Got it friday night running apex R1 down pipe only :) . Ft.lauderdale beach A1A and i wasn't even running the car ,just driving normally because i have a broken wastegate.

Lord_Zath said:
lol jose usin' them math skillz, solvin' fo x.

I couldn't remember what color Mattman's were - just that they were damn bright!

i think mine were brighter than his.

i like the stock amber bulbs. im am thinking about blacking out the corner markers though

just buy them and you can put them in at the meet. it takes all of ten minutes if you have the right parts

I could pull the exhaust and run nothin but a header and it would be quieter than the damn Harley's in my neighborhood.

nvmsp said:
thought i'd share my loud exhaust ticket with everyone. Got it friday night running apex R1 down pipe only :) . Ft.lauderdale beach A1A and i wasn't even running the car ,just driving normally because i have a broken wastegate.

Last edited:
Back