Looking to Pick up a 2011 CX9 AWD or FWD?

:
10 MS3
Looks like we need more room for the kids and dogs so we have decided to get rid of the Passat and pick up a CX9. We can pick up a Grand Touring FWD with MR/Bose Package/PLG for $35K OTD or a Grand Touring AWD with MR/Bose/PLG for $37K OTD.

We live in SoCal and really have no need for AWD, but would be nice. Is there anyone here who regrets getting the FWD versus the AWD?

Im also considering going for a Touring FWD at 33K OTD.....

There was already several threads on the same topic. You might want to
review them in case you don't get many replied from this one.
In the end, the pros and cons are obvious to almost everyone.
It really depends on personal preferences.

FWD!!! Unless you plan on taking multiple yearly trips into the sierra nevadas in the winter, awd is just a fad for folks in the city (kinda like people who drive land rovers who can't even spell the word mud let alone drive in it). Seriously though, it adds significant weight, puts more wear and tear on the engine and transmission, will require additional costs down the road, wears out tires quicker and more unevenly, accelleration is a bit slower. I made the decision that awd was not for me when I started shopping for my CX-9. I wanted every option but awd. No regrets. There are arguements out there regarding understeer/oversteer or stability on wet interstates at high speeds regarding fwd/awd, but if you have good tires, thats really splitting hairs. Regarding GT / Touring, if you ever want fog lights on your touring, you will have to drop around 1k, and you wont get a modern smartkey (double check the smartkey option), and you don't get xenon lamps with electric leveling adjustment. GT vs Touring price is not a large difference, and you should be able to negotiate a gt down to 34ish fully loaded. (per many folks online who have claimed to negotiated down to 32-34k for a fully loaded GT.

Back