looking for some mods

:
2012 Mazda 3
I have just purchased a 2012 Mazda 3 about 4 months ago. I love the car but I see so many on the road and I want to set mine apart. I am already wanting to tint the windows and was looking for some more things to really make my car pop. Any suggestions?

The first way to set your car apart from the others is some better rims. The wheels make the biggest difference IMO. So far all I have on my 3 is 35% tint and a rear wing spoiler. I am waiting to wear out the stock tires before I move up to 17" rims.

I went with 35% because I live in rainy Washington state plus technically it's the state limit.

2012-04-21140703.jpg

2012-04-21140645.jpg

Last edited:
35% is very very light, I must say those pictures do no justice to just how much light they let through....why didnt you take a front on side view of your car??? I believe this was to not show how light those tints are, I have 10% and you can see into my car fine in the day, and that i the 3 darkets from 1 being the darkest tint in other worsd 5% light in and then 0% light in(limo tint). There is dozen of ways to set your car apart, rims is definitely one of them, but remember going a step up in rim size will make your ride very very rough. Theres little things like lighting mudflaps brake caliper paint. blacked out badges so forth good luck

I have 35% as well and it's the perfect amount IMO. It's not black to the point where you can't see in at all but if there are any restrictions on tint levels in your area the cops won't bother you.

Here's a picture (mine's red)
7979915342_a9119015a7_b.jpg

As far as mods for looks...I removed the door moldings on the side of the car which gives it a much cleaner look. Then wheels and lowering springs are the 2 most drastic changes that I made to improve the looks.

35% is very very light, I must say those pictures do no justice to just how much light they let through....why didnt you take a front on side view of your car??? I believe this was to not show how light those tints are, I have 10% and you can see into my car fine in the day, and that i the 3 darkets from 1 being the darkest tint in other worsd 5% light in and then 0% light in(limo tint).

These are cell phone pictures taken on a sunny day the side view would look the same. Yes the tint lets some light in, the climate in the Puget Sound is rain and grey skies about 10-11 months out of the year. I kept the tint lighter for better visibility and to stay within legal limits. The State Patrol in Washington do go around with light meters to ticket you for tint.

Yea the tint def depends on the weather in your area, I was just saying 35% is very light to despute the pictures you took just saying it did not give the 35% and proof as to how light they are. That pic makes them look like 10% maybe even less light in. I has 10% and NY has a no tint at all in front windows law and I am def always afraid I am going to get pulled over.

Black out badges.....HID kit....Mudflaps....New Wheels (not ******* rims for you ignorant assholes, they are called wheels and tires you *****)......Tints......Lowered Suspension.......Good luck

I really like that spoiler, nice find!

Dropping the car slightly and at least a 17" wheel makes a world of difference.

here's my car with oem wheels and ~1.2" lower:
20130615_113649.jpg

Back