Looking for feedback on new RX-7 exhaust system

Rossco

I am in the market of purchasing a new exhaust system for my '86 RX-7 but confused what brand/make is best. Mazdatrix have two types available at a cost of just over $1K Racing Beat and HKS (this includes header, pre-silencer, y-pipe and two mufflers w/connecting pipes, gaskets and hardware).

To those who have purchased one of these sets or others brands, I'd be interested to know what feedback you have for me and at what price and location these are obtainable - preferably in Canada (so I don't have to pay for all the duty and taxes that are applicable).

Thanks in advance, Rossco

i'd also like some input... we need something for the '87 n/a rx7... if it was my daily driver i'd probably splurge on the full setup from racingbeat, as I've had a lot of luck with their parts for the miatas... but since this car isn't likely to see 100miles a year, we've been looking at some of the el-cheapo ebay bits... and considering fabbing up a straight pipe back to the "Y" and just getting some cheap mufflers... just want to free it up a bit, and get some more sound to it... I'm so used to the exhaust note on my miata changing as it gets up int he revs, that the silence of the stock setup on the 7 is... eerie....

racingbeat all the way...
quality in construction and the tone wakes up at wot..
ive had them on my fcs and fds..

Back