Look whats happening to my intercooler!

afrey2002

Contributor
check out these pics, it's horrible, I'm trying to talk to FM and buy new pipes. Then what I'm gonna do is fabricate a shield out of aluminuim and slap that puppy on there to keep my intercooler pipes "hole-less". I'm pretty sure thats what will happen if I don't do something soon, this is from totally normal driving, but I did lower my car. It's the result of crappy california roads and crappy california driveways.:mad: !!!

Attachments

• dsc00499.jpg
    dsc00499.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 269
Yeah I do, but the thing is still low as hell and scrapes, and then there are times I just can't go side way's, like coming out of a shopping center onto a busy street, I have to be angled toward the direction of traffic, or else I'd be blocking the entrance. Believe me, if I could avoid it I would, and I've been trying hard to!

plus even if I do go one wheel at a time 90% of the time it needs to be the right wheel, which will cause it to scrape...

damn

DUCT TAPE YO! what are you thinking! you dont need new pipes! just tape that sucker! Hell i did that to my exhaust hole once on my old car! IT WORKED! (for about halfway around the block!)

dont mind that burning plastic smell, its normal!:D j/k

That could be a photo of our own car. We've got the ride height set fairly low and a huge dip coming out of the driveway to the shop. Needless to say, it's a problem that we're aware of. I don't know if we're going to be able to solve it with the current IC, unfortunately.

Keith

you could always custom fabricate a bash guard out of forged alluminum from a scrap metal place or a metal machine shop and it would not be expensive at all and you could even have it cut and or molded to fit your undercarrage .. (also kool for throwin sparks ..lol)

how about a new Sperco intercooler
that way your pipes would be out of the way and you would have a huge intercooler

MP5Raycer-
Thats what I'm trying to do, now I'm also trying to figure out what the best material for the job would be. Somethig that would sustain most the impact. Lightweight Alum. was my first consideration and still my top choice, but it bends really easy.

Thats why you use Forged aluminum ... that is as strong a titainium .. which is the stongest metal in the world .. i have seen some bashguards made from steel rebar (iron rods) but not only is it tricky to get made right but it is extremely heavy so i would not reccomend it

We all do :)

Just kidding. Great place, just too many people for me.

Don't hack a Sparco in there yet - give us a bit of time to work something out.

Keith

extremely high heat ... but trust me if your grinding adn dragging that thing that long of a time or that frequent ... be logical and raise up the car man .i mean is it really that important enought to destroy a $3000 + turbo kit for what 1/2 or 1/4 inch

Back