Locking doors while running??

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6
When I bought my 06 Speed6 I was told that when the car is running if I get out of the car with the smart key the car would lock, or that i could lock it. Now that its negative degrees here in New England I would love to utilize that feature.

Has anyone gotten this to work, the car just beeps at me when I try it

yeah the car doesn't really like to be locked when its running even with the key out of it. i think one way to do it is to put down the window lock it while holding key inside then hit the auto up on window and get your hand out of there, haha.

yeah the car doesn't really like to be locked when its running even with the key out of it. i think one way to do it is to put down the window lock it while holding key inside then hit the auto up on window and get your hand out of there, haha.

Haha I've tried that same thing, only problem is you have to get out the key to unlock it as the smartkey buttons don't work while it's running and the possibility of getting caught in the window!

funny

I was wondering the same but the pinch sensor will stop the window anyways but what a fool you'll look if you don't hit the button right the first couple times haha

you can start the car, get out, use the manual key in the door to lock it. thats the only way.

also, you can have a feature turned on at the dealership that will autolock the doors when you get a certain distance, but that does not work if the car is running.

Kinda hard to do remote start with the advanced key... unless you know of a product we don't?

Ya, the remote start is something im going to do anyways... im just waiting on the new viper 2 way confirmation. Its a pretty amazing system that does everything. I work at a car audio shop in Connecticut.. so thats something that we have the bypass for. I was just told that the car had the pitstop feature when i bought it and was hoping someone actually knew of how to get it to work, i have just been using the key to do it now

Ya, the remote start is something im going to do anyways... im just waiting on the new viper 2 way confirmation. Its a pretty amazing system that does everything. I work at a car audio shop in Connecticut.. so thats something that we have the bypass for. I was just told that the car had the pitstop feature when i bought it and was hoping someone actually knew of how to get it to work, i have just been using the key to do it now

If you're refferring to the new 5000 series of Vipers, yeah they are sweet. I have installed EASILY 100 of the 5701 units this winter here. They are VERY NICE. The 5901 looks neat, but I've heard a lot of bad things about the LCD screen failing after a short period. The 5701 works great though. The 5301 is great too if you're not looking for an alarm.

Kinda hard to do remote start with the advanced key... unless you know of a product we don't?

I have the advanced keyless system and remote start. :)

I agree though, it's quite annoying that I have to use the key to unlock it whenever I use the remote start since the car is running.

i just did it today.. the best way to do it. is start your car and if u have the credit card key thing then take out the key wen u walk out of the car and lock the car as its on and it will work.. just did it today

My eclipse did the same thing, i thought it was a safety feature so that you did not lock yourself out of your car while it was running. But with the smart key for the mazda, this shouldnt be the issue here.

Back