LinuxRacr's Haltech E6X Log..

Ok, I have looked up the pink wire with the green stripe (P/G), and it is the Transaxle Range Switch wire. That's pin 64. The Violet wire with a White stripe (V/W, which is pin 48, goes to the instrument cluster, but I have not been able to find a page in the book that links it directly to tach. Anyone know for sure?

Supposedly according to the manuals I have it does go directly to the instrument cluster... I pm'ed you additional info.

The tach wire is 100% good. Just tap it there.

The next wire is gunna be tricky. Check in your engine bay if Vic tapped the neutral trigger wire there. He tapped mine and moeeds off the transmission so I dont know why he would do yours any different. If yours ISNT tapped in the engine bay then you *may* need to connect it to that one. The next step there would be to test it with the multimeter on a 12v source and the negative terminal on that wire. Key in IGN and put the tranny in and out of gear. If it gives you a different reading when in and out of gear than its your wire.

If the tranny IS tapped then you will need to look and see if your brake wire is tapped. Check the switch under the dask and look for a tap going to the compustar. If not, then the mystery remaining wire will need to go to a brake wire on the ECU (or just shorten the wire and tape it on the switch)

More than likely scenario one is the case. I am not sure why he would tape those wires at the ECU, because it wouldnt really be easier than the other locations unless your harness was already visible at the time. Please let me know if that was the case.

on ken's F10x, the wire that said "tach" we wired to the crank position sensor, or whatever the crank wire is going/coming from the ecu, dont remember what wire it was, I found an ecu pinout somwhere on here

ELEmental59437 said:
The tach wire is 100% good. Just tap it there.

The next wire is gunna be tricky. Check in your engine bay if Vic tapped the neutral trigger wire there. He tapped mine and moeeds off the transmission so I dont know why he would do yours any different. If yours ISNT tapped in the engine bay then you *may* need to connect it to that one. The next step there would be to test it with the multimeter on a 12v source and the negative terminal on that wire. Key in IGN and put the tranny in and out of gear. If it gives you a different reading when in and out of gear than its your wire.

If the tranny IS tapped then you will need to look and see if your brake wire is tapped. Check the switch under the dask and look for a tap going to the compustar. If not, then the mystery remaining wire will need to go to a brake wire on the ECU (or just shorten the wire and tape it on the switch)

More than likely scenario one is the case. I am not sure why he would tape those wires at the ECU, because it wouldnt really be easier than the other locations unless your harness was already visible at the time. Please let me know if that was the case.

I think we used exisiting taps from my previous alarm install that was already there, so I think we have it!

LinuxRacr said:
I think we used exisiting taps from my previous alarm install
that was already there, so I think we have it!

I dont see why the previous alarm would have a tach wire or a neutral trigger wire.. You only had the stock alarm right?

I never had a stock alarm. I had an aftermarket DEI. BTW, I am ready to try to start this thing. I just changed my plugs out to the Iridium Extended Rach Heat Range 6. My 7's were fouled..lol! Here goes nothing...

Moeed said:
So pat was that the problem?

Ya damn right it was!

IT'S A CELEBRATION BITCHES!!!!

The car started right up yet again, and the voltages are normal again. The idle was rich. I had to adjust the fuel map a little to get it to idle better, but it was a smooth like butter idle (even with the 460cc injectors). I let it warm all the way up. When it warmed up, I started reving. It was going slightly lean each time I stomped it, so I went in and adjusted the throttle pumps until I could rev smootly. I saved the maps, and now I am going to bed. :) Success! I can finally put my car back together after driving around with the ECU plate undone, and wires all over my passenger-side floor for months!

P.S. I noticed that when I went to undo the shrink wrap that Ahmad had put around the rpm signal wire, so that I could hook the compustar input back to it, the solder came apart easily....could that have been THE factor?

Last edited:
ooooooooooooh!!!! did ahmad leave a cold solder?

he'll never hear the end on it... lol

glad its working Pat. I hope I see it this weekend. but for the tach wire why didnt you just run it to the diagnostic plug instead of cutting up the harness (even though it was a good thing you did) just curious

LinuxRacr said:
P.S. I noticed that when I went to undo the shrink wrap that Ahmad had put around the rpm signal wire, so that I could hook the compustar input back to it, the solder came apart easily....could that have been THE factor?

(hand) DAMN cold solder joints!!!!!! That's a BIG no no.(thumb)

(mswerd) Who you tellin! I think he was using my thin-ass spool of solder when he was doing that wire. He's used to the thick s***, so patience is required with the thin stuff to make sure you get enough on there. I will be upgrading to thicker solder to keep with my tools.

Spark Plug Fouling..and how it affects the community..

..Well, your plugs anyway..

Remember a few posts back when I said my heat range 7 Iridium Plugs (NGK BKR7EIX) were fouled? Well, I wasn't kidding:

Fouled1.JPG

Fouled2.JPG

Fouled3.JPG

I now have the BKR6EIX plugs in my car, gapped a lot closer (.22).

(werd) Also, I may be getting my car tuned by Steve Kan today. May as well use the resource at hand.

Last edited:
LinuxRacr said:
(werd) Also, I may be getting my car tuned by Steve Khan today. May as well use the resource at hand.
Nice!

Make sure to share those maps, curious to see what he does with it.

jrodhotrod said:
Nice!

Make sure to share those maps, curious to see what he does with it.

True that! I'm curious as well. Tuning isn't really a black art... there is a lot of science that drives it... so if you know the science the tune is the same... But then there are tricks here and there. So I'm curious to see what he'll try to do and the like.

Later!

Steve

Latest posts

Back