LinuxRacr's Haltech E6X Log..

[font=arial, geneva, helvetica]MAP SENSOR [/font]
dot_clea.gif
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Definition: Refers to a manifold absolute pressure sensor, a variable resistor used to monitor the difference in pressure between the intake manifold at outside atmosphere. [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica] This information is used by the engine computer to monitor engine load (vacuum drops when the engine is under load or at wide open throttle). When the engine is under load, the computer may alter spark timing and the fuel mixture to improve performance and emissions.
[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]3 BAR ... bar is a unit of pressure measurement... to convert bar to PSI multiply by 14.508. 3 bar is 43.5 PSI.

Edit: going along with what juan just posted. 1 bar is esssentially atmosphere (14psi), so a 3 bar will let you run 43.5 - 14 psi or 29.5 PSI of b00st to y0 face
[/font]

Last edited:
Matthew said:
pat interested to see how you do. as you know depending ont he outcome once i get my obd2 scanner, ill probably be getting a f10x from juan.

what is a 3 bar map sensor? im stupid in this regard and ive always wondered but forgot to ask.

There are four types of MAP sensors.

1 Bar, 2 Bar, 3 Bar or 5 Bar MAP sensors.

It depends on what boost you want to run

1 Bar = Normally Aspirated
2 Bar = Up to 14 PSI of boost
3 Bar = Up to 28 Psi of Boost
5 Bar = Up to 56 Psi of Boost

Congrats Pat, looking forward to seeing your results. It truly is a capable unit.

Pat depending on how this goes, i see a haltech in my future too :) i finally saw my turbo :)

mx3ownzj00 said:
:) I'll have to come out to a meet soon and check out your setup once you get the Haltech configured.

Definitely! But I must warn you that for aestetics, Ahmad's car will own for the looks department. I just have an MP3 with a Turbo system. It will be looking better soon though once the body damage is fixed!

Moeed said:
Pat depending on how this goes, i see a haltech in my future too :) i finally saw my turbo :)

Cool, I'm waiting for Ahmad to call me back after he gets out of school so we can use his garage.

LinuxRacr said:
Cool, I'm waiting for Ahmad to call me back after he gets out of school so we can use his garage.

werd meet up tommorrow do to strut install and sway bar.

<3 impact wrench!

Today was a long day. I started by cutting the MPI Tuner out. I started soldering, and then let Ahmad take over so I could focus on other things under the hood. I took out my extra injector asymbly, and went to install the S5 injectors. I forgot I had left two of them back in Arlington, so my friend Matt took me all the way the 40+ miles to go get them. Thanks! The RX-7 injectors are in place. I had to use an extra spacer to get them mounted. The spacers had to be modified by grinding down the lip on them, and mounted by placing the newly flattened surfaces together. We snapped quite a few pictures today, but they are all on Ahmad's camera. The only things left to do is to mount the air temp correction sensor, the coolant temp sensor, and then the MAP sensor. We finish up tomorrow.

Patrick ripping out the MPI tuner and beginning the wiring on the E6X harness.

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20002.jpg

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20005.jpg

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20012.jpg

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20003.jpg

Me hard at work on the wiring after Patrick left to get the injectors

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20016.jpg

Another scalp shot

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20021.jpg

One word... STUD!!

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20026.jpg

To think, 6 months ago I would have never gotten this deep into a turbo car. Check them sexy hands!

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20027.jpg

Patricks handywork on my old injector spacers:

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20025.jpg

At this moment, I have two turbo E6X proteges in my garage... FEEL THA POWER:

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20028.jpg

Latest posts

Back