Lighted door and window buttons

Tundraroamer

:
2014 CX-5 GT
Mazda really went cheap on not using lighted buttons for the doors and window controls. Even my 1998 truck has them. That said, what has anybody done to improve the situation in lighting the buttons so you can see them in the dark? I am trying a very small LED light button (the type that goes on keys) and am trying to find a good spot to place it to light up the button area.

Other options or ideas?

Some of us installed(soldered) surface mount LED inside on the switch's PCB board.
I have soldered an orange, but looks more like a yellow and it's dimmer then the existing one.
I have purchased another LED, but I did not replace it yet.
Somewhere here, is a thread about this.

Search this forum. This has been covered a number of times, so you'll be able to get a bunch of answers.

Here are two How to do PDF's you asked for. It's in German but you can use Google translate to get it in English.

Suc6.

Attachments

• Mazda CX5 Anleitung Joystick LEDs Tausch.pdf
    733.8 KB · Views: 780
  • Einbauanleitung - Fensterheber LEDs nachrsten(2).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 224
While its still not lighted, the 2016 may just bring a easy solution (and cheap swap possibility for older cx5) with aluminium tips on the switches. I am pretty sure that this will help a lot to make them easier to see in the dark.
same with the side mirrors knob.

2016-mazda-cx-5-interior-cockpit-view.jpg

I should take it apart myself and replace that LED, with the other one, that I have purchased.

That most likely won't happen.
The size we know, the problem is with the light intensity and the color.

Back