LED Headlights?

KW900A

:
2011 CX-9 AWD Touring
Ok the headlights in our new '11 touring SUCK. I'm buying the OEM fog light kit, and am going to upgrade headlights as well. I know there are HIDs and bright standard bulbs. I stumbled across LEDs the other day and have done some reading, but haven't found a lot of info. Anyone got any experience with these? They are high dollar, and I don't want to blow a bunch of money on a chance.

i tried a set of LED headlights from lifetime LED, but i just wasn't happy with their output. it was nowhere near bright enough, so i sent them back for a refund. i ended up installing the 35w 5000k DDM tuning HID kit instead and am very happy with it.

Hadn't saw this thread last month, but of interest to you, VLEDs just got shipment of their new LMZ series.

http://www.vleds.com/headlights.html

They are pricey, but the lumen output is pretty impressive.

However, if you have projector headlights, the way to go is HIDs. They are so bright for the price, and the projector takes away any of the glare issues. The DDM tuning kit is solid, I had a 5000k one on my 6 for 4 years with no issues.
LEDs have come a very long way to even be considered for primary lighting, but they are best at replicating a incandescent (halogen) bulb if glare is a concern (i.e. and open headlight housing).

Forgot about this thread...

I have silverstar ultra in the high beams and silverstar xenon in the low beams, much better than they were. I may change it to HIDs one day, but I'm leaving well enough alone for now.

Leave well enough alone? Is that even allowed??? :D

I can vouch for the DDM Tuning HID kits. I have the 35W/5000K bulbs in both my headlights and my foglights, and they're fantastic.

Leave well enough alone? Is that even allowed??? :D

Well since I spent $100 on the 4 bulbs I put in it, its staying that way for awhile(enguard)

My biggest hesitation was I see alot of the cool kids running around with HID kits that look like they flicker at a high rate. I don't know if they buy cheap kits, or if thats the nature of aftermarket HIDs. But I NEEDED something, whatever the hell was in it was horrible in the rain, and I have come to trust the silverstars over the years. I even have them in 2 of the tractors(rockon)

There is a HID kit behind every tree these days, and I didn't have the patience to read up on it at the time.

Back