Le what Boost Controller???

Int3grity

:
07 Cx-7 Liquid Platinum
What exactly is a boost controller?
And what benefits can we see from installing one in our cars?
would there be any HP Gain?

just fill in the noob (jerkit)

A boost controller controls the amount of boost the engine sees.

Most cars have an auto system either electronically or mechanically controlling the max amount of boost an engine sees.

With a manual boost control you can turn the boost up if your turbo has the capacity for more. Increased boost means more air and fuel in each cylinder each time it fires, which in turn means more power. The problem here is that increased power also means increased internal loads on heads, pistons, con rods, crank, block and head gaskets. Which if used to frequently or used to increase the max boost beyond a tolerable limit may cause failures to occure.

We already see 15.6lbs of boost. So 20lbs would noticibly increase power but it may also blow up your engine.

I have a liquid silver as well hehe. any mods you do let me know and submit pics so I can see how it looks.

Also I thought so in regards to adding stress to the vehicle I want a little more punch out of the car but not to the point I am causing excessive wear I want my car to last this is my work vehicle i use it to do my job since i am a field tech rep. I chose this car because in my line of work it just became to the point i need to have a little of fun especially with all the everday stress so i take some stress off going a little fast and blasting music hey thats enough juice for me.

Int3grity said:
I have a liquid silver as well hehe. any mods you do let me know and submit pics so I can see how it looks.

Also I thought so in regards to adding stress to the vehicle I want a little more punch out of the car but not to the point I am causing excessive wear I want my car to last this is my work vehicle i use it to do my job since i am a field tech rep. I chose this car because in my line of work it just became to the point i need to have a little of fun especially with all the everday stress so i take some stress off going a little fast and blasting music hey thats enough juice for me.

Ah so you have one the faster silver Cx's(thumb) (thumb)

Minor tuning like a cold air intake, and better exhaust will give some more power without risking engine.

One thing concerns me is the talk that the power was reduced to protect our tranny so it may be what goes boom if you bump up the engines power.

Another vendor is listing a new chip that would boost the engine to 290 ish hp. Which is fine if a) my warrenties is not invalidated (no) b) does not create reliability issues (no) . Like you I need this vehicle to be reliable an not cost me an arm and a leg to fix broken parts...

Where U at Son?

This here is my whip but Ima set off some Blast off when some addy's come along to bang my ride up to some MOJO

LMAO

Ima take some pics hopefully this week so I will hit you up
Princeton NJ

_{MERCER ~COUNTY}_ JERSEY

Alpha Wolf said:
Another vendor is listing a new chip that would boost the engine to 290 ish hp. Which is fine if a) my warrenties is not invalidated (no) b) does not create reliability issues (no) . Like you I need this vehicle to be reliable an not cost me an arm and a leg to fix broken parts...
Do you have a link to this vendor? If you can't post it here, maybe a PM?

Joffar said:
Do you have a link to this vendor? If you can't post it here, maybe a PM?

I am still trying to find the link I found a month or so back \

I will post it when I do. It looked like it would be expensive $900-$1200

(drinks)

From what I've read, the transmission is supposed to be able to handle up to 300 hp. Its apperently the same unit in the CX-9 as well -- that engine is supposed to be tunable to 300hp as well w/o a bore job. So I'm thinking Ford must have been thinking of something when it designed that engine to reach 300hp w/o major surgery as well as the tranny it co-developed w/ GM also to touch that 300hp mark...

offset_98 said:
From what I've read, the transmission is supposed to be able to handle up to 300 hp. Its apperently the same unit in the CX-9 as well -- that engine is supposed to be tunable to 300hp as well w/o a bore job. So I'm thinking Ford must have been thinking of something when it designed that engine to reach 300hp w/o major surgery as well as the tranny it co-developed w/ GM also to touch that 300hp mark...

Can you post a link to that article?

I keep hearing how weak our tranny is....(nailbyt)

I read that our tranny is the same as the one in the XC90 and is supposed to be good for something like 400ft/lbs of torque.

1Sleepy93 said:
I read that our tranny is the same as the one in the XC90 and is supposed to be good for something like 400ft/lbs of torque.

I never read 400 ft/lbs.

Pay close attention to what Ford / GM hook this transmission up to. That'll give you some ideas of what it'll handle.

Back